The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 8, 2007, 03:09 PM   #1
Pahoo

Game Camera Recommendations

New to Game Cameras and looking for recommendations on a modestly priced camera. what might you guys recommend. Trying to identify and capture a picture of a varmint called neighbors. Racal has been tresspassing and messing with my stuff.
Old October 13, 2007, 02:45 PM   #2
hpg

Moultrie I40, has infrared flash(not seen). See my post ..............hpg

[QUOTE][http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...=263531/QUOTE]
Old October 13, 2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Redneckrepairs

I just bought a couple myself , i picked up the bushnell brand from wallmart ( needed a fast answer to settle down the stepdad ) . My observations are that the cheap bushnell has bad discrimination circuts it takes pics of weeds blowing ect.. the cheapo bushnell also has a narrow detection cone where a narrow beam in front of the cam gets pics took . On the " bright side " both my cams will activate at over 100 ft . The " invisible ir flash " is bull**** , you dont see the flash , but if you are looking twards the cam it has 72 leds which glow red , kinda a clue for humans . due to camaflage considerations i had to mask and paint the cases of my cams , they blended well untill the " red flash " id'd the cam . set on " ir " and we dont want to talk about normal mode and its flash lol . We did put the word out that the red flash just shows that the new ultrisonic rat chaser is working , it sends a pulse with movement . Beliveable i dont know , but it may work to catch the folks i need to .
Old October 18, 2007, 03:36 AM   #4
CamoCop

check out Moultrie's line of cams