The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 29, 2011, 10:54 PM   #76
MikeNice81

ncp, you oc in Durham? Wow that takes nerve. I have been told by a couple of Durham cops that it would be an instant arrest.

You could get out of it based on the state supreme court cases on the matter. It would be a headache though. My hat is off to you for having more spine than me.

Last edited by MikeNice81; August 30, 2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old August 30, 2011, 12:49 AM   #77
ncpatriot

I have only OC'd in Durham twice, both times at a house in a BAD neighborhood where I rewired after copper thefts. Thieves hit it twice. I had property owner's permission and barely ever left the yard, unless I had my truck on the street. 2nd time there, HO said he'd not reported it yet, so I did, and OC'd in presence of officer who came to take the report. No hassle.

But I would never OC on the street in Durham or anywhere else in NC without knowing the town for awhile. Much too risky for the "armed to terror" statute. I do see a few store owners doing OC around here. I think they are safe, as it is their own property. Customer can choose to go there or not.

I used to see a few fishermen doing OC in past years. Don't think I've seen any lately. As a child & teen, if we went somewhere with 20 or more people fishing at a lake or river, 2 or 3 would often have revolverss on the hip.
Old August 30, 2011, 01:43 AM   #78
8shot357

Quote:
publius

My main concern would be getting in a physical confrontation and having the gun get knocked off the buckle.
Yep, it's one of mine too. It's not perfect, in fact I've dropped it twice taking it out of the buckle. I've found it easy to unbuckle it to remove the gun which is not hard.

It's has a strong magnet and a flip over lever that's hold it very secure. The magnet holds so strong to carry it, I really don't need the lever. It's a pretty good design, although the chrome seems cheap.

Best case scenario, I'd use it as a last alternative if I used up my 5 shot's of my .38spl. and I was able to retreat to get it out. But more than likely the fight would be over by then. FYI, I don't carry a speed loader on the hot Vegas Day's 106-110*F.
Closed Thread