Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Closed Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1
ADIDAS69

nuff said

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...Duty-Kilt.html
Old May 2, 2012, 02:08 PM   #2
BarryLee

OK, is this a joke? I noticed they have a nice promotional video put together for it, but it still kind of looks like a joke.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 2, 2012, 02:26 PM   #3
ADIDAS69

For realsies

it was an April fools joke actually but they got such a huge response they're making this one run of them. order by tomorrow night. note that i do not work for 5.11 or anything along those lines but i have been wearing a kilt for the past six years rain or shine or snow, at the range or on the job. Kilts are awesome! The only time i have ever regretted wearing a kilt was a momentary lapse of judgement regarding how i was standing whilst using my chainsaw. When it comes to concealed carry A LOT can go unnoticed and very few people are willing to have a gander to be sure. Also on protection details, you can spot your surveillance easily, cause while the rabble stairs at your kilt your threats continue to target your client. They stand out like a lighthouse.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:36 PM   #4
BarryLee

Quote:
i have been wearing a kilt for the past six years rain or shine
Believe me living in Atlanta GA where the daytime temperatures are already hitting almost 90 I can see the advantages from a comfort stand point. However, it is difficult to imagine a lot of the LEOs around here adopting them for summer wear. I mean can you imagine Buford T Justice in a kilt?
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old May 2, 2012, 02:46 PM   #5
ADIDAS69

He'd be a lot happier...! and maybe loose some weight. Plus riot gear is a lot more comfortable RE knee pads and the like. And i am serious, about the attitude adjustment. Its like wearing the perfect pair of boots after years in **** that doesn't fit right. all of a sudden your world is brighter.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, NOT enough said.

Cut-and-Paste Drive-by
Closed Thread