The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 8, 2015, 12:28 PM   #1
bomber77

HS410 woes

I bought a new HS410 yesterday. Got it home and cleaned up the shipping goo then tried to load it. No go.
First shell into the mag goes in to the rim and no further without jiggling the base around a bit. Second shell goes in about an inch and no further.
I have two 12 ga. 500s and have never had this problem.
Tried to unscrew the mag tube to see if I could see anything wrong there but I don't think I can get it loose without marring so left it alone.
Any ideas before I have to ship it back to Mossberg?
Old February 8, 2015, 01:54 PM   #2
SHR970

Did you take the barrel off and check if someone at the factory mistakenly put a capacity limiting dowel from a 505 or 510 Bantam in?
Old February 8, 2015, 06:43 PM   #3
bomber77

Yes, I took the plug out first thing.
Everything else works fine except the slide is hard to move after pulling the trigger on an empty chamber. I was going to polish up the hammer and bolt where they ride together until the loading problem came up and I decided to leave it completely stock in case I have to ship it to Mossberg.
After moving the mag follower around a bit with my finger I can get one shell into the mag, work the slide and it loads and ejects fine.
Just cannot get a shell into the mag past the rim of the shell without a hassle.