The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 4, 2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Executive Solution

Airsoft For Close Quarter Training?

It is easy for instructors to tell their students “do it this way because it works” or “in a real gun fight this will keep you alive” but it is truly hard to “prove” one technique over another. Most established “gun fighting techniques” are taken from combining statistics of what did or did not work in LEO, military and some civilian fights, combining them and then making conclusions…..its really the only way to do it right?

If you could be taught techniques that you could then put into practice and actually “prove” what does and does not work for YOU……in YOUR situation, with YOUR chosen weapons and environments, why would you not do it?

So do you currently train force on force? If so how?

For those that have not done so yet, you might want to look into what force on force training is avaible in your area. Here is an example of what is available if you look around:

July 30th – 31st Force On Force Weekend Bradenton (Tampa/St Pete area) Florida

Course Description:
For reviews pics and videos etc see: http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/For...ass-discussion

In this course we address defending yourself while keeping your firearm safe during a physical assault, through transitioning to deadly force. This course is designed to teach close encounter, practical gun fighting skills along with real-time deadly force decision making. This is a progressive building block class that will allow you to combine skills learned during each session into scenario based exercises, using Airsoft Weapons…..you will be shot and you will be forced to shoot at live opponents (with airsoft weapons)

Day one:
How to carry, draw, defend whilst drawing in real fighting situations from concealed carry. How to physically defend yourself against a close encounter / physical assault while in possession of a firearm. Dealing with single and multiple attackers. How to move around buildings, vehicles, people etc whilst using a firearm.

Plus advanced fighting pistol skills, that are required in REALISTIC fighting environments. Such as engaging a threat at contact range, close quarter to medium range engagement, Movement while fighting, Communication both with threats and with allies, Aggressing and Retreating from a fight (why when, how) .

Day two:
Will be spent in Practical Shooting Drills, Force-On-Force Training and Scenarios. Students will be forced to make fighting decisions against single and multiple threats in dynamic environments. Drills will be conducted indoors, outdoors and using vehicles. This is where we take ALL the skills and drills taught on the fist day and night and put them to practical use. No “time outs”, no “lets start again”, no “do over’s”. Instructors and Students will face off in a series of realistic deadly force scenarios…….How will you fair?

Why FOF Training?
Gives the participant the opportunity to test & evaluate principles/tactics, equipment, physical skills and mental conditioning in a realistic & safe training environment.

Well developed "Force-on-Force" training creates a “reasonable” facsimile of combat. Reactions are tested, stress is produced; specifically stress induced by either pain or the fear of pain. Constant activation of the "Sympathetic Nervous System" through pain or the fear of pain is the key to developing the orientation or "inoculation" to overreaction and improper decision making from a similar type of stimulus.

This training gives the participants the opportunity to take initiative and the responsibility for their actions and what occurs, allows for the analyzing, and questioning of the experience, all while grappling with the dilemmas and contradictions of their actions in a continuing process of evaluating the experience.

Equipment Needed:
All airsoft weapon and facemask can be rented if you do not have your own. $25 for one day $40 for 2 days. Please advise rental needs at time of booking!!!

Personal Airsoft pistol, holster and at least 200 BB's, preferably a replica of your Carry Weapon.

Spare gas, CO2 or batteries or charger for your airsoft gun.

Long sleeve shirt and pair of gloves

Airsoft mask / goggles and Shooting glasses

Ear protection

Change of clothes (you will get dirty)

Knee pads.

Please dress in comfortable street clothes and shoes for each of the classes. Please dress in the type of attire that you would normally wear while carrying your weapon. (but no v necks, no open top shoes)

Food:
Please bring all food / snacks you will want to eat during training along with your own cooler and fluids. You WILL need to stay hydrated!. We will not be stopping (other than short breaks or as indicated above and class room sessions) or leaving the location for the duration of the class.

Course Duration:
Class would be a 2 day event with skills / drills and techniques on day one, then day two will be putting said day one skills into practical use, with ongoing scenarios and FOF roll play using airsoft weapons

Course Cost:
Would be $200 for 1 day or $300 for both days training. Credit cards accepted. All Credit card payments must be made in full prior to class.

Book via:
www.floridafirearmstraining.com or [email protected]

www.floridafirearmstraining.com
Old July 4, 2011, 05:57 PM   #2
smince

Airsoft For Close Quarter Training?

Yes, it is a very effective tool.

Many training groups have been doing it for quite a while.
Old July 4, 2011, 07:03 PM   #3
TylerD45ACP

I used to do this about 10-11 yrs. ago. My brother and I and my friends used to fight with spring pistols. I used to use A 92FS and Mainly a 4506/4505. I also had a Delta Elite. We used spring rifles too. Like M16A2's and an MP5 SD5. It was very effective as a tool for combat it get your adrenaline going. We all wore ski masks and goggles because you gotta be save. But otherwise I would just wear shirts. They sting. Yea we had to cock the slide every time so it wasnt as realistic. However, some of battles we had were pretty intense and real. My brother and I kept beating our friends but they would lie. I remember a direct hit to my friend chest (upper heart area) and he shrugs it off. LOL those were good times back in those days. I do think it is effective though my brother and I used leap frog cover and supported eachother.
Old July 4, 2011, 07:29 PM   #4
MLeake

Nice thing about Simunitions; paint marks don't let the other guy lie.
Old July 4, 2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Glenn E. Meyer

Very useful - some folks teach courses with them and offer instructor courses for airsoft.

My buddy, Karl Rehn has done it at www.krtraining.com
Old July 4, 2011, 08:17 PM   #6
TylerD45ACP

I bought myself a Gas Gun actually to think about it but I got to by another. The Gas gun is not close enough to my carry gun and I want them to be as close as possible. I still use my Springfield Armory gas gun though. It was make like Brad Pitt's from Se7en with custom V10 like compensators and everything. I got it for $110 Dollars and had no clue it was his gun just bout it as a 1911 for now. Its cool tho its got stag grips, bevertail, adj. sights and a few more things.
Old July 5, 2011, 10:57 AM   #7
Executive Solution

Repetitive training is the key (IMHO) to any kind of defensive training. Base elements of FOF should be incorporated into your regular practice sessions along with at least 2 or 3 additional classes / courses / training opportunities with instructors to take you out of your comfort zone and push your buttons.

To me FOF is fundamental to carrying a handgun or knife on the street. Statistically you assailants are going to be close, CQB techniques are going to be used. One handed draw and operation of the weapon of choice along with movement, defensive and offensive movements, high stress decision making process and communication are all going to be needed. So if we know these are the skills that are most likely going to be needed, should we not incorporate them into ALL our training

www.floridafirearmstraining.com