The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 20, 2012, 12:44 PM   #1
dj_28

Tarus 100 .40 cal

I just got a call from a guy saying his Tarus 100 .40 cal is having problems. He said he could rack one in and fire without any issues. But when fired the slide doesn't move. He can pull the slide back and it will reject the shell and pick up the next round fine.
My first thought was that the timing was off on the gun, not letting it unlock in time to release the slide.
Or a heavy spring, but he said the gun had shot fine in the past and he had not changed the spring.
What are your thoughts on this problem. And what would it take to fix. I'm not much of a pistol smith and know even less about a Tarus.

Thanks guys
DJ
Old July 21, 2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Roughedge

Not knowing the shooter I would say its weak ammo or limp wristing. Have you tried shooting it yourself?
Old July 21, 2012, 08:57 PM   #3
dj_28

I haven't got to see this gun yet, he called and told me about it. When he brings it to me I'll know alittle more about it and can give more details. Don't think that it can have much wrong with it because he said the last time he shot it was a few months ago and hit shot fine.

DJ
Old July 31, 2012, 02:46 PM   #4
dj_28

I just got this gun in day. I walked outside and shot the gun. The slide not moving isn't the problem at all. the gun cycles fine but the trigger doesn't reset. Pull the trigger, gun fires, slide comes back and ejects the shell, feeds next round as it closes, hammer stays cocked but the trigger stays in fired position. You can use the decocker and the trigger will reset and fire in either double or single action. Whats keeping the trigger from resetting?

DJ