The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 8, 2001, 11:35 PM   #1
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

I have a conflict with the 24th of this month... I will not be able to attend, and my Mrs Kodiac will not either.
I cant say why - but its a good reason, and a personal one.
Please, we have such a good group going now that I would hate to see it cancelled... I will be able to attend the event coming in April. Correia is the Official Utah Secretary for TFL, can take over the procedings.

If the situation changes, I will come out on the 24th.

Still, there are a lot of people planning on coming on the 24th...
Old February 8, 2001, 11:41 PM   #2
Meiji_man

Must be the Day.....

just been informed that my nice little 9-6 job Mon thru Fri just turned into a 8am - midnight Mon thru Saturday from the 16th through the 3rd of March.
I Am going to try and make it but I am NOT a happy camper.
Old February 9, 2001, 11:10 AM   #3
Correia

I'm a secretary. Ha! And all this time I thought I was an accountant.

Ouch, that sucks. Bummer guys. Should we postpone it a couple of weeks? Would that be better for everybody? If not then we will carry on. Come on Meiji, whats more important, money to pay the bills, or shooting? (Well I think I know the answer to that one, no job=no money=no bullets).

Ok here is the deal then. Saturday the 24th we will meet at the big gas station at the Lehi exit of I-15. Same one as last time. I'm not sure what brand the station was, but perhaps one of you other guys might remember and post it here. It is right off of the exit, and across the street from the old mill where they filmed "Foot Loose". I'll be the big bald guy with a goatee and a brown Chevy Caprice, unless I'm in a Red Subaru.

Cacea said that he had found a better area to shoot just west of where we were before. And this place has a better backstop. We will follow him out there. Or I know George and Cold Hearted Ninny were doing some scouting, any luck? I don't know of anything in the middle part of the state.

I think we should take a roll-call, and discuss what we should do for lunch and targets.

In case of bad weather... I don't know, but I shot my FAL in -5 degree weather a few weeks ago up Providence canyon. The bad part was that the old pumpkins we were shooting at had frozen solid. That was still fun, but I don't think I would want to do it again.

I'm moving today and tomorrow down to West Jordan from Logan (Hasta La Vista -12 coldest part of the freaking state). So I'm not going to have any internet connection for a few days. So I'll be out of the loop. I hope we are still on.

Talk to you guys later.
Old February 9, 2001, 01:19 PM   #4
PvtPyle

Scouting....

We are going this Saturday at 1230. Anyone else that would like to come please email me and let me know. I would be for bumping it back a few weeks But I deploy to Italy the second week in May for a few weeks. Plus we have people that are coming from other states that have already made reservations and taken time off work.

Correia, when you get into your house email me and we'll get together for a bite.
Old February 9, 2001, 03:43 PM   #5
Correia

PvtPyle, sounds good. Looks like we are definately on for the 24th.

Well, I'm using the computer at work, now I go home and load the U-haul. So no internet for me for a couple of days. Good luck scouting.

I'll be back soon. I hope...
Old February 9, 2001, 05:17 PM   #6
Meiji_man

Still going to try and make it, and I know the farther West site that Cacea has mentioned, in fact me and my buddy were going to try and convince you all about it. Nice hill some 75-100 tall, right out in the middle of nowhere.

I'm still looking for anyone interested in the .45 acp Chronographing with skyder's Chrono. I Got one person interested. I need two more. Everyone brings one box (20rnds) of a .45 acp DEFENSIVE load. Like Hydra-shoks, Corbons, etc. Then we trade and shoot and find out what rounds out guns like best. 4 people mean 5 rounds of something differnt apiece. 5 shots should give you a good average. Then we can post a chart on TFL. I guess the same could be done with 9mm or something else too.

Of course you'll have to tell me what happend if I can't go.
Old February 12, 2001, 02:03 PM   #7
Correia

I'm back. Got moved in. Moving sucks. I'm using a computer at work during my lunchbreak. Looks like we are still on for the FEB shoot. And the April one should be awesome!
Old February 13, 2001, 11:00 PM   #8
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Dang Larry - When did you move? I woulda come given ya a hand!
Old February 14, 2001, 02:00 PM   #9
Correia

We loaded up on Friday night and drove down and unloaded Saturday. We had plenty of help though, but thanks for the offer George.

By the way, now that I'm down in this part of the state, any of you guys ever want to hit the gunshows, or go shooting or something drop me an e-mail.
Old February 15, 2001, 12:24 AM   #10
Meiji_man

Welcome to the

Good to have you down here in the civilized areas!

Looks like I should be able to go to the Shoot after all
Still bringing 2 others.
Sill looking for other .45 testers id skder is stil bringing his Chrono.

Old February 15, 2001, 01:16 AM   #11
MuzBlast

Howdy! I'm new to this list. I live in Springville and I'm always ready to find new places to shoot. Thanks.
Old February 17, 2001, 10:20 PM   #12
MiniZ

Do we have a time for meeting yet?
Z
Old February 19, 2001, 07:02 PM   #13
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

I just might be able to attend this Saturday. We shall see - I'll know later this week!

As for the Time - We meet at the gas station nearest the Lehi Roller Mill at 8:30 AM... or was it 9:00 AM?
Old February 19, 2001, 08:16 PM   #14
PvtPyle

This Saturday....

So we are doing a desert shoot and not at Hendricksen range? I'm good either way, just some confusion as to where and when. Maybe we should do a mass email.....
Old February 20, 2001, 10:46 AM   #15
MGB

Which gas station? There is a Phillips on the SE corner and a Chevron on the SW corner?
Old February 20, 2001, 01:55 PM   #16
Correia

Hey guys I'm going to post the meet information in a new post, and clear up any of the confusion. skyder and I went out scouting yesterday, and I think we found the spot that Meiji was talking about just a bit further than where we were last time. See the other post, and I'll be sending out a final e-mail notice to everybody on my list.

And hopefully I should have internet connection at home today.