The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old July 4, 2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Zidru_ret.

Mossberg 152 10 rnd mag from Havlin

After following a link provided by one of the members here, and reading a warning about possible quality issues with these aftermarket mags, I ordered just one 10 round mag for my Mossberg 152 from Havlin Sales. When it arrived, I first inserted it empty into the receiver in place of the original 7 round mag. It didn't want to go. After a brief moment of cursing, I found that if I pulled the retainer/spring back as I inserted the mag, I could get it to snap into place. Happy, I removed the mag and gave it a full load of 22LR. With the ammo loaded, there was no way to get the mag to take its rightful place in the rifle. It simply will not engage the retainer. Upon close examination, I discovered that there is a very small but significant difference in the construction of the aftermarket mag when compared to the original. In short, don't waste your money and time on this product. It will not work. I will be contacting Havlin Monday morning to see about a refund.
Old July 4, 2009, 06:46 PM   #2
DnPRK

Sorry to hear it, but you're not the only one who got snookered with bad aftermarket mags.