The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 22, 2019, 11:50 AM   #1
jag2

Prices

Being used to Gunbroker it makes it easy to at least know the max you are willing to spend and if the reserve is higher, you don't get it. Fine with that.
My question is about some of the online (like Gunsintl, Fugate and others) sellers that show their price. Do you find that they are willing to negotiate at all, more like a gun show. I realize if it doesn't sell for a while they may reduce the price. Over the years I have seen some interesting pieces but the price was more than I wanted to pay so I just pass. Now I'm wondering if I should have at least made an offer.
I know there are a lot of variables such as dealer, demand, rarity, etc. Just wondering if most hold tight on their posted price,
Old November 22, 2019, 01:36 PM   #2
ThomasT

I just got off of GB looking at S&W model 19 revolvers. Found some nice looking guns but almost all were more than I am willing to pay. Some were crazy high. And if it is a reserve auction I won't even look at them. I guess I was more like kicking tires than serious but you never know what might turn up.

I have in the past offered a seller less for a gun but no one ever accepted my offer. Oh well, the thing about guns is if they made one they made many, many more. So I can wait. Having or getting a new gun is not as big of a thrill as it was 30+ years ago.
Old November 22, 2019, 03:27 PM   #3
Don Fischer

You have a price on something I might buy and I don't want to pay that much, I walk away. I have a price on something you might want but you want to dicker, your better off just walking away. I don't dicker. figure out what you want and ask it.