The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 16, 2011, 02:46 AM   #976
BigBrute

Hello Gents,
I'm 23, live in Missouri, and am what I shall call a firearms enthusiast. I have a humble but ever-expanding collection of knives and guns, and I often visit sites such as this for info on my next "must have".
Began my hunting/ plinking lifestyle about years ago and have since been making up for lost time
Old September 18, 2011, 12:06 PM   #977
RevGeo

Hello

RevGeo here. You can call me George if you want..I'm a semi-retired disabled Viet Nam vet and a private music teacher. I'm an avid rifleman and the son of an avid rifleman. I've been hunting and reloading for..a long time now.
I live in the woods in a secluded valley in the Selkirk mountains of North Idaho.
I hunt elk, deer, bear, grouse and turkey. I love to fish as well.
Anyways, that's pretty much who I am.

George
Old September 21, 2011, 01:33 AM   #978
crippaw

tried to post some personals. but wasnt able to. maybe someone to help
Old September 21, 2011, 02:28 AM   #979
Arrie68

Hi,

I'm Arrie from Pretoria ,South Africa.

I'm a reserve LEO and also a field training officer.

Is there any BBM Grroups I can join.
Old September 24, 2011, 06:33 AM   #980
Red Fox

Introducing Red Fox

I joined this forum in hopes of learning something about firearms. Am retired from Industrial Construction field and
spend my time outside as much as the daylight allows.
Have quite a selection of firearms but nothing to gawk at!!

Recently, after having attended a local gun show and purchased a Remington 190 .22 complete with a Tasco 601E
scope for me and my grandsons and granddaughters to shoot at my redneck firing range, I was looking around for some internet site to read and learn about firearms and this sees like a very good place.

Do I hunt? No. Do I collect? Evidently but not on purpose.
Do I know a lot about firearms? No and Yes

So, that is all I care to write about me now cause you see,
it is not all about me !!

Thanks for reading,

Red Fox
Old September 25, 2011, 07:58 AM   #981
MarsBar

MarsBar here... Photographer and Gun owner!

I have been a gun owner since 1993. Ever since I fired my first 9mm Hi Power I was in love! I now own 6 guns and a rifle and have a revolver on the way (I sound like a proud papa don't I).

My true passion is Photography so from time to time you may see me post a photo or two of one of my guns.

I may not know all about all guns but I know my guns and how to use/store/care for them safely.

I started out living in Illinois where buying a gun was like having your teeth pulled (still is). I now live in Georgia and WOW what a difference. I can walk into a pawn shop with my conceal carry license (You can't get those in Illinois either) and walk out with a gun.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here, I hope to get some more knowledge about guns from this forum.
Old September 26, 2011, 09:06 PM   #982
turbodog77

hi

Hi I am new to the forums. I am excited to learn anything from experienced hunters or gun owners.
My name is Linda. thank you
Old October 5, 2011, 10:24 PM   #983
mignonsdad

Found the board today

Hi all I'm in west central TX. I'm a hunter and a target shooter prefer Axis over Whitetail and use a Winchester model 70 in 30-06 and carry a colt commander.

Jim
Old October 7, 2011, 03:26 AM   #984
seller331624

Great name huh? Most folk think it gross but it makes me happy.

I have enjoyed shooting since a kid. It's just fun. My first firearm was a Ruger Single Six I believe it was called. I had to sell it. Then I bought a .22 rifle and it was boring in the sense it had NO personality. I sold it. I was at Woolworth in the early 80's and they had Garands for $240 and M1 Carbines for $120. I bought the carbine cause I could afford it. Still have that beauty.

I saw a 1969 Romanian trainer 22 for $45 at a sport store and bought it. It is great for chipmunks at long range. (they get in the crawlspace). Love the bolt action.

My Pa gave me his .38 Colt Cobra which I can't hit anything with.

Finally my wife has her dad's shotgun a nice old 410.

I went hunting for birds once. I didn't like it. Hunting is fine it's just not for me. I'd rather feed the critters.

I like old guns made with wood.
[URL=http://htcdesirereview.com/%5dHTC Desire Review[/URL] - [URL=http://htcdesireandroid.com/%5dHTC Desire Android[/URL] - [URL=http://htcdesirephone.net/%5dHTC Desire Phone[/URL] - HTC Desire Price - HTC Desire Reviews
Old October 7, 2011, 07:17 PM   #985
bmyers818

What going on firingline I'm a new member and I'm needing help on my project an automatic ar15. If I buy a rockriver lower and dpms upper will I have my dream gun if not what will I need for my project please help

[Go to the Art of the Rifle forum. - Staff]
Old October 10, 2011, 05:25 PM   #986
colecarl10

I have an old Savage 720 shotgun

It doesn't fire anymore. I need to find out how to clean it.

[Try our Shotgun forum. - Staff]
Old October 11, 2011, 07:55 AM   #987
gundir

Hello peeps. I essentially started my journey into the world of firearms about a year or so ago. Learning, learning, learning...
Old October 13, 2011, 09:12 AM   #988
nice shot

new guy

New guy here, living in Texas, I've been shooting for about 15+ years now, currently involved in shooting a lot of skeet and hand guns at my local gun range.

I joined the site for info and tips on competition shooting (practical shooting, steel shooting) and to gain knowledge on everything I can on here.
Old October 13, 2011, 10:31 PM   #989
Mike in Va.

Old Powderburner

I read somewhere that you have to have a theme to be a collector.
So I guess I'm a gatherer of guns. Not good enough to be a target shooter,
just a recreational shooter. 68 yr. old, married to the same woman for 49 yrs., 2 sons, 2 grandsons. Retired construction electrician.

Last edited by Mike in Va.; October 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: To change the title
Old October 15, 2011, 05:14 PM   #990
ctaylo391

Looking for information

My name is Chuck Taylor and I live in Hartsville TN. I just recently recieved my FFL License and I am a member of the NRA.

I found this website while looking for a firing pin for a Yugo 8mm Mauser 24/52. I looked for quite some time without success and I am hoping that maybe someone on this forum can direct me in the right direction. Your help would be much appreciated.

I look foward to joining in your discussions in the future because I have a lot to learn and i'm always open to new ideas and information.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

By the way, a M98 firing pin is too short.
Old October 16, 2011, 09:14 AM   #991
rplusplus

Hello

Time to say hello...

Been lurking in the wings for about a month now and before I open my trap in the main forums I thought it would be polite to introduce myself.

Californian born and raised. Twenty year vet of Uncle Sams Canoe Club. Retired in '07. Now a Defense Contractor in San Diego.

Been shooting since my Cub Scout days way back when and all through the military. Now that I am retired I needed a new hobby and collecting and shooting seemed like a pretty good fit.

Stumbled upon this forum and of all of them out there you all seemed to at least keep the sanity check in force so...

Anyway the names Randy but I go on the internet by Plusser...
Old October 16, 2011, 07:20 PM   #992
8MM Mauser

Hello All! I'm a twenty four year old Weight lifter and runner (and gun enthusiast) from Grand Rapids Michigan. I currently work full time 2nd shift and attend school during the day full time. My major is Management.
I love to shoot guns. What I have had the most experience with is semi-auto pistols, even though I don't currently own one.
My wife just recently gave birth to our first child; a baby girl named Elizabeth.
So you might notice from this post that I am a very, very busy man...
Old October 17, 2011, 01:44 PM   #993
jimmersback

Hello to all members. I'am new to this sight and was drawn to it by the informative replies i saw to certain posts. I'am new to the gun world and I am trying to gain as much info as i can on the subject. I have applied for my concealed carry permit in my home state, registered for classes on this subject and am doing as much research as possible. I'am hopeing to gain even more knowledge from the people on this sight. Thank you in advance for your patience and help in the future. Jim
Old October 18, 2011, 03:48 PM   #994
mrmatt42003

Hey there. I'm knew to rifles and the area.

Hello everyone. I've recently purchased a small caliber rifle (Marlin xt 17 hmr). This is the first rifle I've ever owned, but i'm very intersted in getting into longer range target shooting. I thought the 17hmr would be a good place to start. From here, I'm hoping to increase the caliber later to a .308 and start hitting targets from 500 yards or more. Rifle suggestions or highly appreciated by the way (under $700).

I've discovered one problem however....no places to shoot. I've recently moved from Arkansas where there was land everywhere to shoot. But since I don't know anyone near here, it's tough to find a good stretch of of safe land.
soooo..if anyone knows someone or somewhere to go around the sylvania/toledo area, let me know.

-Matt
Old October 19, 2011, 12:35 AM   #995
CTA Trainers

Hello everyone

Hello everyone.

I am one of a group of instructors dedicated to teaching people the proper use of firearms and self defense.

Looking forward to discussing, learning and exchanging info here.
Old October 19, 2011, 08:10 AM   #996
J.Black

Greetings from MA.

John here.

I was searching for some answers and this forum seemed to contain some knowledge.

I live in the Draconian State of Massachusetts.

I know, I've heard all the MA. jokes.

- John
Old October 23, 2011, 10:10 PM   #997
rdneck

hey guys

Came here because it seemed this site was full of knowledge and would like some help on some projects,love to shoot anything and eveything!
Old October 26, 2011, 08:58 AM   #998
JRLSH

Hello All, I'm the new reciepient of my longtime dream, a .50 cal BMG and I want to become more familiar with it and shooting it wisely, so I wll be asking questions from time to time to do just that.

If you heard the bang,
You weren't the target.
Old October 29, 2011, 09:52 AM   #999
Fragsteady

Hello all. I'm a 35 YO architectural designer living in Louisiana. I didn't grow up hunting but am now trying to learn (survivalism?) so I can teach my kids and have something useful to do with them. Useful and fun... SRY. : )

Last edited by Fragsteady; October 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old October 29, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1000
Hawky

Howdy from Arizona

I read so slowly that I don't hardly make it through the CMP and ARFCOM forums, but I'll try to contribute when I can.

My latest:

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent