The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 23, 2022, 08:35 PM   #1
Gdawgs

Anyone have a Beretta 1301 Comp Pro?

I'm considering getting one of these but haven't been able to find one in a store to get a feel for it.

I'm short (5' 5") and need a short length of pull. 13" - 13.5" feels good to me.
I've been trying to confirm what the LOP is on these, but haven't been able to get a solid answer. I was chatting with one guy who used to have one, and he thought the LOP was 13.5" with the spacer removed.

I found a Bass Pro Shop in Tennessee that has a few in stock. They list the LOP as 14 1/8 - 15 1/2. I called them to ask about it and the guy I talked to seemed very knowledgeable. He said that is indeed the LOP, but that doesn't seem right to me. I don't think I've ever seen anything with a 15.5" LOP, that is LONG!

So, is there anyone out there that has one that could give me the actual LOP?? I'm not sure why Beretta doesn't call it out on their website.

Thanks!
Old March 25, 2022, 03:03 PM   #2
Mike703

My search of the internet

for "Beretta 1301 comp length of pull indicates that it's 14 inches".

"It was comfortable to shoot, as well as stable and easy to swing. The Beretta 1301 Comp Pro (MSRP: $1,675) has an overall length of 47 inches with the extended magazine tube. The length-of-pull is 14 inches, which some shooters and firearms instructors think is too long.
Review: Beretta 1301 Comp Pro | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal
www.ssusa.org/content/review-beretta-1301-comp-pro/"
Old March 25, 2022, 06:55 PM   #3
Gdawgs

Yes, I did see that review as well. But they didn't state whether or not the spacer was installed or removed. My guess is removed. Which would be too long for me.

I found a good deal today on a 1301 Comp (not Pro) with the 24" barrel. It has a 13" LOP with the spacer removed and feels perfect. I think this is going to be a great gun for me.