The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 1, 2011, 08:16 AM   #1
hornady

OK so now what

What is the new excuse, I have had an order in for a Lyman M-Dies. I placed the order about the first of the year; I am on the 3rd new expected arrival date, now it is April 10. I was one of the guys that had to put up with a little over a year wait on a Powder & primer order, I can see the long wait on the powder & primers.
But a die and no one has one in stock.
Old April 1, 2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Ike666

Maybe it's your screen name?
Old April 1, 2011, 08:58 AM   #3
hornady

The screen name came from the new LNL autoprogressive I got about the time i started getting on the forms, and i Started out on a Pacific years ago. Hornady Bought Pacific out some time back. But if i added it all up, I own more Lyman than any of the runner ups.
It gets me when guys say one kit is better than anouther.
Over the past comming up on 50 years of this game we call reloading.
It took years to figur out, the perfect set up is a combination of all Manufacterers.
for years the Lyman 55 powder dump has been bolted to the bench and was about as good as they came. I got the Hornady LNL dump with the new press. and ended up buying anouther for rifle rounds. I sold the 55. but when i needed a new Single stage for Magnum rifle, it was the Redding Big Boss, Great press.
Old April 1, 2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Ike666

Yeah, I've got a mix-and-match hodge-podge of manufacturers on my bench too. Interestingly enough, the only Lyman product I've got is the manual, which I like. Don't know why, just always purchased someone else's product first. Maybe it's the orange.

Good luck with your order.
Old April 1, 2011, 10:02 AM   #5
c.j.sikes

i had two diff. orders placed with lyman and each took about 2-3 weeks for delivery. that is after i called them . cjs