The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 22, 1999, 09:30 AM   #1
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

My apologies to all for being scarce over the last several weeks. The weeks prior to the "Shot Show", the week of the show and the weeks immediately after the show are the most intense of the year for my business. I am still catching up on the e-mail and orders but it seems to be returning to a more manageable hectic pace. I certainly am not complaining, as the problem of being busy is much preferred to the opposite.

The Shot Show was excellent for us this year. One of my highlights was finally meting Rob after several failed attempts. I also ran into Spark (of the Blade Forums) at the Mission Knives Booth. I was hoping that I might meet Rich Lucibella while there however I quickly ran out of time once we arrived. Maybe at this years Blade Show Rich?… ... I'll have a booth and will be in one spot most of the time.

I am pleased to announce that we will be working with Mission Knives in supplying a sheath system for at least one of there new knives (the MPU) and possibly others. Several other projects are in the works for some of our other commercial clients however, it is not appropriate for me to make any announcements just yet. Also in the works is our very own line of Production Kydex Holsters. To date all of the holsters we produce are made one at a time by hand. Such a process makes it impossible for us to reliably supply dealers and the wait on our custom hand made holsters is sometimes 120 days or more. Tooling for this holster project is a considerable investment and will take some time to have in place. To handle the increased volume of the current work load and the anticipated needs of the new holster line we also have a new facility under construction that we hope to complete very soon. To assist in the tool-up we have ordered some high-tech machinery that will be housed in our new facility as well. All in all it looks to be an exciting and busy year.

Old February 23, 1999, 12:03 AM   #2
Rob Pincus

Scott, I was defintely glad to meet you... Frankly, After the second full day of bad timing I had practically given up.

I hope that your schedule will allow you to participate more often in the near future. (and the completion of the shoulder holster project.

Old February 23, 1999, 08:23 AM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Welcome back, Scott. Hope '99 is the best for you and your company! Blade Show is a definite possible.
Rich