The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 12, 2011, 11:37 PM   #51
Sean Michel n Assoc

Parker Case Fully Briefed

I am one of the attorneys working on the California Rifle & Pistol Assocation Foundation (NRA supported) challenge to AB 962 (Parker v. California). I just wanted to let everyone know that the case is now fully briefed before the court. The Honorable Judge Hamilton has agreed to rule on the lawsuit prior to February 1, 2011, and has scheduled oral arguments for January 18. If you want more details on the case and its status, there is an article on www.calgunlaws.com
Old January 13, 2011, 01:52 PM   #52
Spats McGee
Staff

Welcome to The Firing Line, Sean!

Good luck.
Old January 13, 2011, 06:55 PM   #53
publius42

Ummm, it might not be the "name" partner of the firm posting here, but welcome new lawyer person!
Old January 13, 2011, 11:00 PM   #54
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Chuck Michel, Clint Monfort and Sean Brady are among the top 2A attorneys in CA. They are in the forefront of several challenges to various CA gun laws.

Sean has gone out of his way to post some things on other boards. I have invited him here in the past, to break certain news. Out of modesty, he declined, giving the lead to myself.

I heartedly welcome you to the Firing Line, Sean.
Old January 14, 2011, 12:34 AM   #55
Sean Michel n Assoc

Thanks for the kind words, Al. My screen-name is usually sbrady@Michel&Associates (it is Chuck Michel's firm), but symbols are not allowed in your name on this site and then I ran out of space in trying to do it without symbols. Anyways, Al the reason I made this announcement instead of giving you a heads up was that I have already made it on various sites and I figured it would just be easy for me to post it here too. And, I like the atmosphere here and intend on posting more often. We will keep everyone updated on the status of the Parker case.
Old January 14, 2011, 01:25 AM   #56
NWPilgrim

Sean, I'm glad we have men like you fighting for us! California is a tough political environment for gun rights. Hope you are successful in getting this ridiculous ammunition purchase screening law thrown out. Thanks for all your efforts.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old January 14, 2011, 02:09 AM   #57
Sean Michel n Assoc

Thank you for the kind words Pilgrim, but it is my honor to do this work. And, there is no need to thank me, my clients the NRA and CRPA Foundation are the ones to thank for employing my firm to take on these fights. Without them it would not be getting done to the extent it is.
Old January 18, 2011, 05:30 PM   #58
csmsss

I don't have a link, but it's my understanding that Judge Hamilton struck down AB 962!!!!
Old January 18, 2011, 05:36 PM   #59
.300 Weatherby Mag

csmss,

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437330
Old January 18, 2011, 10:29 PM   #60
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

I'm gonna shut this one down. Go to the thread linked right above this post.
Closed Thread