The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old July 21, 2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Harry Callahan

Just talked to Otis McDonald. Wow!

My wife works for a major insurance company and took a call from Otis McDonald a couple of weeks ago. While my wife was waiting for her computer to creep from screen to screen Mr McDonald started making small talk about 2nd Amendment rights and how he had just gotten back from a rally in downtown Chicago. My wife told him I would be interested to know she spoke to him. He gave her his home phone and told her to have me call him and he is always happy to converse with like minded people. Well, I just got around to calling him tonight. We probably talked for a half hour. You could hear the passion in his voice and the joy of knowing he has helped accomplish something very special for the state of Illinois and the nation as a whole. Made me feel special that he took time out of his night to talk to me as though I was a long lost friend. Really made my night, Just thought I would share.
"Ah ah. I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But with this being a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off... you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YA, PUNK?!!!"- Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry)
Old July 21, 2010, 11:02 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

That is REALLY cool! Made my night reading it!
Brent
Old July 22, 2010, 01:04 AM   #3
BillCA

While I have not had the pleasure of talking to Mr. McDonald, it is my understanding that he is a super nice man and very down to earth. That information comes from both Alan Gura and Colleen Lawson (who is also listed in the McDonald lawsuit) at last year's GRPC in St. Louis. Ms. Lawson is very outgoing and hoot to spend time with.

Gura related the Mr. McDonald is a lawyer's dream client. He's a common man with dignity and yet articulate in a down to earth way. He simply wanted to keep a gun for his protection but was denied, which he believes is utterly wrong. He can refute many anti-gun claims with simple logic without resorting to well-worn pro-gun arguments. He's become more outspoken as his case has moved forward.
Old July 22, 2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Sefner

Harry, that is freakin' awesome.