The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 9, 2019, 09:33 AM   #1
wbw

Grand Power owners, please step in

I just became aware of the Grand Power brand a few days ago. At my shooting range a fellow had an X-Trim and it looked pretty wild. I've done a little research on the .22 Long Rifle models and they seem to be well regarded, both the X-Trim and the less expensive K22S model. If any of you folks have either of these two pistols, please chime in with your impressions, if you don't mind.

Anyone know what the trigger pull is on the K22S? Is the X-Trim worth the extra money? Any issues with either?

I recently bought a Taurus TX22. I know. Taurus Well, I really like this pistol and I've now got 500 rounds through it with absolutely zero malfunctions. And I shoot it way better than I do my 9mms. So I'm now thinking about unloading a 9mm and getting a Grand Power since .22 is more fun to shoot and I do better with it (probably less flinching). Anyway, let me know if you have any thoughts on the Grand Power .22s.

Thanks
Old June 9, 2019, 11:07 AM   #2
Jim Watson

Never heard of it, but I certainly value my .22s.

Gotta shoot centerfires in IDPA and USPSA but probably half my practice is done with ACE and Nelson .22s.
Up to 3/4 of the rest of my shooting is rimfire; when I go to Steel Challenge, it is in the Rimfire Pistol division.
Old June 9, 2019, 01:25 PM   #3
rt11002003

Haven't been exposed to their .22lr pistols; however, I owned a 9mm X-Caliber. Great gun in almost all respects. Performance wise, hard to beat. A couple of women shooters won some competition matches with them. My issue with mine was the device that allowed assembly and disassembly. Needed an extra hand. I wound up using small wedges to hold it open. Wish I still had mine.
Old June 9, 2019, 01:52 PM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

I have one of the STI branded 9mm models that were the first exposure of the Grand Power guns to the U.S.

It's a nice gun, well made and with an innovative design. That doesn't answer your question about their rimfire guns, but I would expect similar quality out of them.
Old June 9, 2019, 02:21 PM   #5
agtman

Supposedly GP has an 'awesome' large-frame 10mm model out, which is said to hold 14+1 rds.

Supposedly quite accurate, with a decent DA/SA trigger and 'kinda'/sorta' CZ ergonomics on a polymer frame.

Legend has it that Bud's has gotten a few of these in, though I have yet to see one on the shelf in any LGS near me.

A couple of positive YouTuber reviews are floating around, perhaps for the purpose of keeping the interest of long-suffering 10mm fans peaked.

Vltor did that too - with an allegedly 'upgraded' Bren Ten - although that attempt didn't end well.