The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 1, 2009, 06:41 PM   #126
jburkey

Winchester 190 Takedown

Harley,

My story is the same. Just got my hands on my Dad's .22 Winchester 190. Any chance you could send me the takedown manual? I'd really appreciate it. Here's my email address:

[email protected]

Thanks so much
Old June 14, 2009, 10:03 PM   #127
COLOVET69

winchester model 190,22 cal, LR

hey Harley, i'm a new member...saw that you have breakdown of win. 190. I would really appreciate a copy if you can send it. thanks, Dan

email.... [email protected]
Old August 16, 2009, 08:58 PM   #128
DDraper

help!!!!

ok today i was taking apart my 190 to clean it out, as i just figured out it breaks down further. as i was doing this i found some schematics online, easy enough to take it down, but as i took the carrier(?) out the spring shot out and now i cannot get the spring back in
please, PLEASE, for the love of God some one gimme a hand
if i can figure out the spring, the rest should be easy peasy
thank you
DDraper
Old August 16, 2009, 10:47 PM   #129
MemphisJim

Pardon me for laughing but I had the same thing happen tonight with my 290 (identical rifle just a fancier stock). I've had mine since 1968 (a "welcome home" gift from Dad on return from Vietnam) but hadn't shot it in years. I put a few hundred rounds through it this afternoon and got it dialed in just as I want it. As I was disassembling for cleaning this evening, the spring came flying out and I heard something hit the far wall. Fortunately I still have my manual, consulted it and immediately launched the search for the plastic return spring guide. Reassembly requires small fingers with long nails so I settled for a paperclip to feed the spring into its assigned hole and to keep it condensed to the point I could feed the guide rod into it and get the bolt back in place. The paper clip also helped position the guide into its assigned place on the bolt. Whole operation couldn't have taken me more than 90 minutes but only the last 10 count because that's when I recruited the paperclip. Fortunately I have lots of experience with long snaky springs thanks to three Remington 597s. And I have learned lots of patience, thanks to frequent take-down and reassembly of a Ruger MkII. Hope you cracked the code.
Old August 17, 2009, 09:25 PM   #130
DDraper

thanks but...

its completely impossible to fit the damn thing into it
im freaking out mainly because even though it belongs to me, its under my bed, and i can probably take it out when ever, i feel sort of guilty because i put it away broken down and thats a personal no-no for me. and im afraid to lose any pieces
im kinda freaking out because i pride my self on responsibility with firearms, and i always assumed that meant saftey..oops... so i really want to get it back together....why cant it be easy like an AR15?
damned civilian guns
Old September 30, 2009, 07:46 PM   #131
letang

hi guys,
It isn't really that difficult to get the long spring back into place.
With the help of two small screw drivers, or something similar, push the spring slowly until it's completely in.
Then insert the 'pin' and then the trigger assembly.
Don't have the 190 with me, so I can't describe the exact procedure/details, but I done it .... and ut's not impossible.
Hope this little tip helps.
Cheers,
L'etang
Old November 4, 2009, 07:37 PM   #132
dutch8006

winchester 190

Harley have the same story as most here, could really use the information, if you could send to [email protected] Thank you
Old February 15, 2010, 06:34 PM   #133
ctank01

Hello, my story here is bascially similar to everyone else. I am looking for the manual for the Winchester 190. Any help would be great. Please email it to [email protected]
Old June 13, 2010, 10:58 PM   #134
airwolfe1

Post #86 of this thread has a link for the Takedown Manual and other useful information.
Old December 26, 2011, 02:46 PM   #135
Berti

Hi essentially my story is the same as the others.So Harley please send a copy of your take down manual for winchester 190 to my email at [email protected] .Thanks man.Happy new year too.
Old April 26, 2012, 11:05 AM   #136
chasenappier

Harley!

Just another fella hoping you can send me the manual as well! Hoping I'm not too late - thanks a bunch man.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:56 AM   #137
mach158

Basically same story of having a model 190 passed down to me and need to make a repair and looking for the manual to assist with this. If you could email it to [email protected] I would appreciate it.

I'm sure I'll be around to get more information as this looks like a pretty good place with knowledgeable people.