The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old November 10, 2020, 04:22 PM   #126
Mannlicher

Whatever it takes to insure my safety.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old August 7, 2021, 11:58 AM   #127
Lima Oscar 7

Take yourself out of the equation. I left the city four years ago and moved to the mountains. Any such road block would be quickly dispatched by the local citizenry, (long time locals, retired military, retired LE), as all of are armed. Local LEO’s would not suffer the behavior either.
Old August 7, 2021, 01:40 PM   #128
Ricklin

Can't not go, I can adjust

Portland is the nearest big city. Seattle is next up, lucky me.
I'm the travelling salesman, despite the lack of farmers daughters in this new millennium.
I don't have the desire to retire, I love my gig, and work for myself. Ha, this "new" gig economy? I've been "gigging" for decades.

I get mighty tired of online meetings, there is no replacement for belly to belly. That said the PC can supplement.

My key to staying safe is not being there! Generally the animals in the zoo called Portland come out after dark and on weekends.

Here's another method.

The "protesters" apparently melt when wet and freeze when cold. Let the weather be your guide.

Avoid eves and weekends. If a weekend trip is required, Portland is a very rainy place and weather keeps the "warriors" for whatever cause it is to stay indoors on facebook.

Is it not interesting that the protests seem to always occur when the weather is great?

Yup, they sure are a committed group.
Old August 7, 2021, 03:20 PM   #129
Frank Ettin
Staff

No reason to revive an old thread.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread