The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 23, 2021, 10:17 AM   #1
edteach

Iver Johnson and Cycle works pick up

I bought this for 10 bucks. Soaked it in vinegar for a day steel wooled it and then soaked it in break fluid for a day. Most of the rust is gone but its all loose and working what parts are there. I was thinking of picking up parts and making this old gun work again.

My questions are this is a second model 38 automatic. It has the two ears on the top break of the frame. So what parts are unique only to this model? Is the hammer from a first model the same as the hammer for this one? I need the extractor, spring and stem. Hand with spring. Hammer hammer spring, hammer screw, trigger spring, Thanks for any help. Numrich does not seem to have any parts I need for the new model. I believe this is a new model, it has the two ears, and no pin for the front trigger guard but a screw from the top down into the front of the trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05261.JPG (384.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg iver Johnson.JPG (306.5 KB, 84 views)
Old February 23, 2021, 01:31 PM   #2
jrothWA

Look at the position of the "owl"..

on the grips, if it looks to the front, an ols model, if looks to the rear then new model.

On the cylinder, does the groove for the cylinder stop runs straight [old model] or does it look like a "T". [New Model.]

Does the trigger have a "front spur" that depresses and allow the triger to function? [new Model]
Old February 23, 2021, 04:15 PM   #3
edteach

The grips are something that were missing. The trigger has nothing like a glock to depress to use it. Its just a trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05265.JPG (151.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05266.JPG (273.4 KB, 30 views)