The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 11, 2010, 07:55 PM   #1
BruceGibson

Holster & belt post for feedback...glock 19 23 32

Hi, all. Wanted to post one for some feedback. This is an OWB in black cherry, crosscut, for the Glock 19, 23 or 32. Gunbelt is 1.5" wide. Feedback would be most welcome...what you like, and what you don't.

www.GibsonGunleather.com
Old October 11, 2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

Very nice. I like the cross cut design on the holster. It's something unique to any holster I've seen.

The white stitching seems a bit out of place however. Black would have blended with the colors of the holster and belt.

Additionally, I prefer my holsters to have a higher backing to act as a sweat shield between myself and the gun.

Pretty minor issues and that is really a well done, nice looking rig.
Old October 11, 2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Don H

Even though I tend to prefer plain holsters, I really like the look of yours. I'll agree with Kreyzhorse's statements and add that the overruns of the crosscuts into the tooled portions detract from the quality of the holster and belt - it's like the crosscuts were a hasty afterthought.
Old October 20, 2010, 09:56 PM   #4
DZcarry

Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.

I will agree that the cross cuts running over into the edging does detract from it a bit. And, perhaps the white stitching is a bit jarring.

Nevertheless, I would have bought the set if it would have fit my gun (and I hadn't just bought a holster this afternoon).
Old October 24, 2010, 07:39 AM   #5
BruceGibson

Thanks, everybody. There's no excuse for the overruns...and that's been corrected.

The black cherry looks real good with the black stitching--I'll put one up next time I have one. The white gives it more of a traditional Western feel, which goes along with the crosscut and the border stamp.

The sweatshield/slide guard is an option for this design, along with a full or half-leather (Hermann Oak) lining.

www.GibsonGunleather.com
Old October 24, 2010, 08:08 PM   #6
M-ONE-X

That is a beautiful set up I really like it. Though personally I don't think that the tactical tupperware goes very well with the amazing leather work. If you had a nice Black 1911 with dark cherry grips then it would all flow together perfectly. Aside from the gun looking out of place it is pretty awesome. I'd buy one for sure.

The muzzle end of a .45acp pretty much says "GO AWAY" in every language- magpul website.
Old October 25, 2010, 12:13 PM   #7
aarondhgraham

Not a fan of the crosshatching,,,

I do like your design for the holster though,,,
Nice slick edges are definitely a plus.

I won't even say anything about your choice of pistol,,,
"Tactical Tupperware" deserves a good home too.

Try something else other than that cross-hatching though,,,
it was a lovely holster right up until that moment.

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old October 25, 2010, 01:32 PM   #8
M-ONE-X

Not saying I don't like Polymer frames I have one myself (XD) they're great, just saying they look out of place in leather. Especially leather with as much work and effort as this one. Just my opinion, in order to keep the western look and feel it needs to have big iron in it wether it's a revolver or 1911 or a similar steel frame. But everybody has their own tastes I suppose.

The muzzle end of a .45acp pretty much says "GO AWAY" in every language- magpul website.