The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 20, 1999, 01:27 PM   #1
DesertRat

I've noticed that there several websites appear to have incorrect information concerning the specifications of the Remington 11-87P (Police) autoloader.
One example is from the IWBA: International Wound Ballistics Association. http://www.firearmstactical.com/tactical.htm
The IWBA's publication "Tactical Briefs, Volume 2 No. 9, September/October 1999" purports to provide information to civilians about the availablity and specs for the 870P and 11-87P. This article states: "The 11-87P fires 2¾-inch 12 gauge shotshells only."

I've seen numerous sites state that the 11-87P is available in 2-3/4" only. This is NOT true. My 11-87P is marked for 3" magnums as has been the case with every 11-87P I've personally examined. What gives? Where are these people getting their information from? These oversights do not do much for their credibility.

Just an observation.
Old December 21, 1999, 01:03 AM   #2
YeeDude

DesertRat,

I just went and checked mine...

The left side of the barrel says "12ga. For 2 3/4 or 3 INCH SHELLS" Maybe the "or" confuses some of these people?

Regards,
Kinson
Old December 21, 1999, 11:00 AM   #3
Shawn Dodson

The information on our web site was taken directly from a Remington Law Enforcement and Government Sales catalog. In addition, the 11-87s that my agency purchased are chambered to fire 2 3/4" shotshells only.

I'll check with Remington to verify the specs and makes changes as necessary.

If you find an error or false information on our web site, please send us an e-mail so we can investigate and correct it. Thanks!

FYI: IWBA and FTI are not affiliated with one another.

------------------
/s/ Shawn Dodson
Firearms Tactical Institute
http://www.firearmstactical.com

[This message has been edited by Shawn Dodson (edited December 21, 1999).]
Old June 1, 2000, 10:08 AM   #4
JNewell

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn Dodson:
I'll check with Remington to verify the specs and makes changes as necessary.[/quote]

What was the outcome of your call, Shawn? The link on your website seems to be dead. (?)

Old June 1, 2000, 10:39 AM   #5
jthuang

I always thought it was the Remington 1100 autoloader that could only take 2.75" shells -- wasn't the 11-87 supposed to be the autoloader with the self-adjusting gas system, able to accommodate both 2.75" and 3.0" shells?

Justin