The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 4, 2013, 08:03 AM   #1
wllfthn

Comp-Tac Infidel

Hey guys,

I will be picking up another gun here in the next week or two. As of now, I have a 92fs and a Kahr T9, the T9 being my carry gun as of now. I live in northeaster Ohio and the weather will be breaking here before we know it. That being said, I am in the market for a very small (sub-compact/pocket size) pistol for deep concealment in summer clothes. I have narrowed it down to a few pistols and will most likely make my choice soon.

So, for this small gun, I really want a simple, easily removed holster that doesn't have much bulk/excess material. I was browsing the comp-tac site and saw their Infidel holster. It looks like it might be a good fit for what I'm looking for. I will post a link at the bottom of this post in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Does anyone here use this holster? Or could someone recommend something similar/better in their opinion. Thanks!

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68
Old March 4, 2013, 08:30 AM   #2
kahrguy

If you just have to have a smaller holster get the Infidel Ultra version. That bit of leather will make for a much more comfortible holster to carry and you have the option of second kydex only body that is interchangeable for your other pistol with the Ultra model. I hate small holsters ,no matter the make for a working holster. To much pressure in a small spot but I do really like comp-tac holsters in general. Today the infedel ultra would get my among my picks. I have used there minotaur neutral for my cw9 and tp40 for a couple years now. Easy to forget its there but I also don't need to take it off during the day. The leather does make a difference in comfort.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=261

This model will still use any attachment the standard infidel will use.
Old March 4, 2013, 08:50 AM   #3
wllfthn

Thanks for the reply Kahrguy. That's good advice. I really don't want the kydex rubbing all over me and irritating me. That bit of leather will help a lot. I use a Comp-Tac for my T9, but it's the minotaur and just a little too much material for as deep as I want to conceal this new gun.

Unfortunately for me, the business I work for does not allow concealed weapons on the premises which is why I want something easier to remove, that way I can take it off and put it back on easily in the car before and after work.

Also - Nice to see another Kahr lover on here! I love my T9 and will likely be picking up a K9 in the foreseeable future. Love those guns!
Old March 4, 2013, 08:50 AM   #4
Yung.gunr

I personally like holsters that have more attachment area (best way I can explain it). I use the CTAC with my XD9 and like it MUCH better than another kydex holster that has only one belt clip. I feel the two belt clips helps to disburse the weight over a larger area. My thinking is it makes it more comfortable and less prone to tug my pants down or move around.

I do really like my Comp Tac though so I would stick with them.
Old March 4, 2013, 09:11 AM   #5
kahrguy

wllfthn Let use now how you like the ulra if you get that one. I can see how a holster that comes on and off easily would be a plus for you do to work conditions. Some years back I tried mole skin on the back sides of a couple kydex holsters. hated it. Tried a leather backed breed and dumped it. Then found comp-tac. Whole world different level of comfort there.

My tp40 is still new to me. I do now trust it and has been trouble free for a couple hundred rounds . Now its a metter of grabbing it instead of the cw9 or my pocket kahr depending on needs.
Old March 4, 2013, 03:22 PM   #6
gothcopter

I'm very happy with mine.

I've been carrying a Glock 19 in an Infidel holster for the past 6 months, in temperatures from around 20-100F. I'm using the shirt-tucker strut option. (I'm actually using a Kydex clip I made myself that is functionally equivalent to the Comp-Tac strut, but takes up a bit less space.)

The holster is very comfortable and secure. It conceals great. I've worn it all day hiking without any discomfort or chafing. One of my concerns was that using the offset strut would cause the holster to "dive" downward during running, jumping, etc. I have not found this to be a problem at all.

With the clip-on strut setup, the thing comes on and off in seconds. I also tried out the belt loops. They do make the holster a smaller, easier-to-conceal package when it is removed. However they also make it thicker at what is already the holster body's thickest point. So it tended to print just a bit more when I was wearing it that way.