The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 12, 2009, 10:51 AM   #1
dpyle82

Good Price for a Winchester 1300 Combo?

I have Winchester 1300 12 gauge combo in great condition that I am thinking about selling to help me afford to buy a semi-automatic shotgun but I have no idea what it is worth. It shoots 2 3/4" and 3", has both barrels with tru glo sites, and I have 3 stocks for it. I currently have it set up with tatical pistol grip stock thats collapsable and extendable and a Red Dot site but have the original wood and another style of pistol grip stock that I would sell with it.

I am having a hard time finding a value because they don't sell them new anymore and the used ones vary significantly. Any advice or opinions on what I should be selling it for would be greatly appreciated.

Also are there any semi autos shotguns that are great values out there that you all would recomend? I have always liked the Rem 11-87 and have been looking at Beretta's and Benelli's. I definitley want to keep it under $1000 but hopefully closer to the $500 mark. I want something that will last and that I can pass on.

For the pump shotgun fans, I am not giving up on pumps. I have a mossberg pump that is a fine shotgun. I don't have and have always wanted a semi-auto too.
Old August 12, 2009, 04:17 PM   #2
ebutler462

You may get $300 for the combo. The Winchester is a decent gun but it has little value. it is a perfect example of how cheaply a gun can be made that will still shoot. You can buy a used Remington 11-87 for under $400 at any used gun store. Or a new one for around $600 at the big box stores.