The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 30, 2005, 11:06 AM   #1
w4klr

Budsgunshop.com

Ordered some new pistols from them, e-mail between them is a little slow, but not uncomfortable.

Service is excellent, and prices are pretty darn good. Bought my STAINLESS Mil-Spec 1911 for $513 and my Stainless PPK/S for $428.

Just make sure you let them know you want insurance when you order, they don't include that in the shipping.
Old March 31, 2005, 07:35 AM   #2
Homeseller

I have heard great things about Buds. My daughter's boyfriend lives in Paris, and frequents them a lot.

That said, I won an auction of Gunbroker on 23 Mar 05, for a Mossberg 500, 20in. I called them the next morning (24 Mar 05) and asked them when I can stop in and pick up my new shottie, as I live only an hour away. They were very nice on the phone and told me it would take 3 days for them to get it in. I mentioned that I looked on their website and it says they have 22 of this particular model in stock. No, they don't.

I have called 3 times as of 29 Mar 05-no shottie in stock yet.

Still waiting!

Hubert H. Humphrey
Old March 31, 2005, 11:17 AM   #3
Logs

I made it up there yesterday, nice HUGE store, but I thought the prices were a tad high.
Old March 31, 2005, 11:54 AM   #4
w4klr

Hmm, I'd say their online prices are for the most part, exponentially cheap.

But for their store, I can't vouch.. I'm in So. Florida.

I'd like to visit the Scotsdale Gun Club in AZ once in my life though.
Old April 1, 2005, 07:25 AM   #5
Logs

W4KLR. If you like better deals you may check out www.whittakersguns.com site is updated pretty often and prices are really good. They are in Owensboro, KY. The website is only a small part of what they stock. Most of the used guns are a good deal, I have been debating picking up the beretts storm they have for under $500 with 3 mags.
Old May 3, 2005, 07:45 AM   #6
10mm

I bought a Bersa Thunder .380 & a Kel-Tec P11 9mm from them on Gunbroker and I felt that both were good deals. The Bersa was like $210 and the Kel-Tec was like $200. In dealing with them I felt they did a good job and everything went smoothly for me.
Old May 5, 2005, 09:23 PM   #7
Steelharp

Logs, the link doesn't work; takes you to a domain sponsor page.

Mikey D...
Old May 6, 2005, 03:30 PM   #8
tom650604

Steelharp,

Here is the link: http://www.whittakerguns.com/
Old May 6, 2005, 07:59 PM   #9
GaryXD

How does Bud's retail store compare with Whittaker's? Whittaker's is pretty impressive.
Old May 8, 2005, 11:41 PM   #10
gudel

for those who bought from bud's online, how's the stock turn around? are the handguns they sell pretty much recently manufactured?
Old June 14, 2005, 02:26 PM   #11
Logs

GaryXD, Whittaker's in Owensboro hands down is the best and cheapest gun shop I have ever been in. Buds is nice, but if you read on his site there is an upcharge for guns that you purchase at the store.

You can get really good deals on Used guns at Whittakers.

I have purchased over the years the following....

Taurus PT - 92 9mm with 2 mags $225
Beretta .21 in .25 acp $125
Ruger 10/22 $110
Ruger Super Red Hawk .44 Mag $250
Rossi 6 inch stainless .357 $150

Most of these I have traded for something else, but all were in great condition.
Old June 15, 2005, 11:21 PM   #12
Hayley

I've made purchases at both Bud's and Whittaker's, and both are very fine shops. Bud's website doesn't list the physical inventory in the store (they are housed at the North Pole, I think!)--and the online prices are a little lower. Also, they always have a good selection of used guns in the display cases, but none of those are listed online. Whittaker's website generally has all the used guns (I'm talking handguns here) actually present, less those sold prior to online updates. Their "new" inventory is what doesn't get entirely posted.

In any event, GO to both of these establishments if you are in the areas. They have great staff and ambience. Whittaker's in particular has an incredible stock of long guns (although bear-in-mind that they are actually around ten miles West of Owensboro, in a little country community). If you go to Bud's, take a range kit, as they have a pretty nice indoor facility on-site!
Old June 16, 2005, 03:08 PM   #13

I'd like to visit the Whitakers shop. I live in Clarksville TN. Can someone tell me how to get there? I estimate about 2.5 hours. I would like to get some of those used .22 deals. Gotta love those rimfires.

www.ruger-firearms.com
www.smith-wesson.com
Old August 11, 2005, 08:39 PM   #14
Logs

Bud's Sale

For you local guys, Bud's Gun Shop is having a big Sale next Thursday - Saturday. Sales on Gun's and Safe's. Might be worth checking out....
Old August 12, 2005, 09:10 PM   #15
mantis7

Really Low Prices

I didnt end up buying it from them, but the rifle I was looking at purchasing (Savage 10FP-LE1A) was lower at Bud's Online than I saw it anywhere else. My Local Shop wanted about $150 more than Buds Online. I ended up buying it from a different shop for about 5$ more based on a recommendation from a friend. However, the next rifle I buy , I would consider doing business with them.