The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 2, 2019, 08:04 PM   #1
gstone80

Cloak Tuck 3.5 Taurus G2s

Looking for everyone's experience using the cloak tuck 3.5 from alien gear. I'm on the fence of getting one for my new G2s, not many holsters available for this gun. I usually carry using all kydex, but bought a Foxx 2 clip hybrid for my lcp and I like it, gets a little toasty though from the solid leather. Looking at the 3.5 it's thin, breathable, had a soft backing with no hardware to irritate skin.
In case you are not fimilar with the G2s it's very close in dimensions to the SW shield. Weight is about 20oz unloaded.
I did try searching but didn't come up with anything relating to the 3.5. Thanks for the help
Old January 3, 2019, 06:10 AM   #2
Targa

No experience with the 3.5 but I had the 2.0 for my Kahr CM9 and currently the 3.0 for my S&W 642, I like both of them. To be fair, take my opinion with a grain of salt, these are the only IWB carry holsters I have ever used. I am sure there better holsters out their but the Alien Gear does what it’s suppose to do and it is fairly comfortable against the skin.

Last edited by Targa; January 3, 2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old January 25, 2019, 07:59 PM   #3
BillG174

The choice of a holster is very subjective and a personal thing because everyone’s body is built a little differently.

I have two Nate Squared (N82) Tactical Professional IWB tuckable holsters, www.n82tactical.com. I don,t know if they make one for your gun. Tuckable means your shirt can be tucked in around the outside of the holster. One is for my Glock 17 Gen 4 and the other one is for my Glock 30 Gen 4. N82 sells several types of holsters but I like their Professional model best. It is a single clip holster that I wear at 9 to 9:30 (right behind my 2nd belt loop) as I am left handed. Some people don’t like a single clip because they say the holster moves around. Mine settles into my left hip and doesn’t move around at all. It is all day wearing comfort. Because it is a single clip instead of a double clip it is very quick and easy to put on and take off which I really like.

The Professional has 3 layers of material. A very soft suede backing that sits against your body inside your belt, then a rubber neoprene layer to block moisture from reaching the gun and the soft black leather on the outside of the holster that the gun sits next to. No part of the gun ever touches your body. I always wear a T-shirt under my outer shirt. The gun slides into a poly carbonate which has retention and trigger guard protection.

N82 has a lifetime guarantee and a 30 day trial. Their products and customer service is absolutely superior.

While talking about holsters, it is very important to have a good gun belt to hold and support the weight of the holster and gun. You shouldn’t use a “department store” belt as it is not thick enough or rigid enough. I highly recommend a Bigfoot gunbelt www.gunbelts.com. I have a 18 ounce belt with a stainless steel core between the two layers of English bridle leather. Their quality and customer service is also superior and they have a trial period too.

Freedom Is Not Free
SAF, GOA, Kansas State Rifle Association