The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 2, 2015, 12:04 PM   #51
wogpotter

September 12th 1969.
I reloaded .303 British with a Lee classic whack a mole.

I remember the date because I returned from a visit to the US on the week before with my shiny new Lee "didn't know it was a classic yet" loader.

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”
Old January 2, 2015, 01:35 PM   #52
boxing21

9mm on a hornady single stage press. Use a 650xl now for 9mm, 45, and 223. The old hornady still sees use for odd jobs.
Old January 2, 2015, 07:20 PM   #53
Birdogz

Hi, I'm new to the forum but not to reloading. I started in 1981- .38 Special with a basic Lee kit. The one where you use a mallet and powder dipper. In 1982 I started 12 gauge with a MEC 600JR. I still use the MEC.

I haven't changed much in the last 30 years. I still use Alliant (Hercules) for pistol and IMR for rifle. I have been using Varget in some rifle cartridges these days though. The Lee was replaced with a Lyman Orange Crusher and eventually two RCBS Rock Chucker presses too. I'm old school and I use what works for me.
I started reading the forum for info because I was looking to buy a progressive press for pistol and .223 because my 14 year old daughter is thoroughly hooked on shooting.
I did finally purchase the Hornady Lock N Load AP.