The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old September 26, 2009, 08:22 PM   #1
B. Lahey

Hunter Thompson's Unpublished NRA Book

Apparently HST made friends with a bunch of fellows in the DC gun lobby and wrote a book about the NRA, the 2nd Amendment, and other gun rights topics in between writing Hell's Angels and Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72.

Unfortunately, it was never published.

There seem to be plenty of gunny book lovers here... Has anyone here gotten their hands on a copy? Anyone know where I could scrounge a copy?

From the tiny chunks that have made it out it seems to be a love/hate thing. He loved the NRA for protecting his gun rights, but hated it for slopping around in the hog-wallow of Republican party politics. This is much the same as my own progression of thought on the NRA, and we both turned out to love it more than hate it in the end.

The fact that there is an entire unpublished Hunter book out there was surprising to me, particularly one from his early coherent period and dealing with one of my favorite law/civil rights areas. I must have a copy. Help.