The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 3, 2008, 11:34 AM   #101
wyocarp

What's wrong with a little road rage? Many people need a waking up while they are driving. I frequently lay on my horn when people are making phone calls and texting instead of driving. It is my vehicle they might hit next time. Appropriate road rage is appropriate in my opinion when people are endangering others.
Old May 3, 2008, 01:08 PM   #102
bobthewelder

First of all, honking isn't road rage as far as I'm concerned. But if you are perceived as provoking someone and it turns out ugly, your in trouble. I wonder how many instructors of CCW are actually qualified. Mine was a retired criminal law attorney. He also runs a firearms training facility. Doing what you are talking about is the exact opposite of how I was taught to act once you start carrying. If you drive the same roads at the same time everyday, to and from work and you act like an inraged idiot as you describe, don't you think that there are dozens, if not hundreds of other people that see you on that road everyday during their commute. Now let's escalate this, you and Mr. Text Messager pull over and he points a cell phone at you, but wait your pissed and it's 6:34 in the morning, still dark. You blow him away because you were already out of sorts about him being on the phone and actually pulling over. What you thought you saw wasn't a black cellphonedayplanneripodthingamajig, it was a weapon. You should consider leaving your guns at home locked up and even turning in your permit because people like me don't think people like you should have ever been issued a permit in the first place.
Old May 3, 2008, 02:39 PM   #103
ghalleen

Quote:
What's wrong with a little road rage? Many people need a waking up while they are driving. I frequently lay on my horn when people are making phone calls and texting instead of driving. It is my vehicle they might hit next time. Appropriate road rage is appropriate in my opinion when people are endangering others.
Everything is wrong with a little road rage. A responsible driver pays attention to his own driving and safety, and doesn't try to police others. If you see others driving unsafely, just call 911 and report them.