The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 19, 2005, 10:21 AM   #1
MissFlippedPrimer

Help! I can't seem to get logged out....

I don't know what is going on........ I log out, then come back here, and I am already logged in.......

I've been to my Control Panel and can't find any options for automatically being logged in when I come to this site...... have been to the link about problems logging in, etc. and when I try to click on the link there, it says I am not a registered member or something........

I just don't know what is going on........ any suggestions?
Old September 19, 2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Redworm

Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer nearly every time you visit a website. They keep track of where you're logged in and other sometimes useful and sometimes irritating information.

Immediatly after logging out select the "Tools" menu at the top of your Internet Explorer window and select the "Internet Options" item (you can also get there by selecting "Internet Options" in the Control Panel). In the first tab (General) you'll see a button labeled "Delete Cookies" in the middle of the window. Hitting that button will delete all the cookies stored in the folder. If you're using a public computer, highly advisable. On the other hand if it's your home computer then make sure you know all the passwords for your frequently visited sites.

I'm assuming you're using Windows XP with the latest version of IE. If you're not then detail what version of Windows you're running and what browser you use. Either way, the bottom line is that deleting your cookies will fully log you off the forum.
Old September 20, 2005, 08:25 AM   #3
MissFlippedPrimer

Thanks

Thanks, Redworm - that worked fine.