The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 25, 2020, 10:21 PM   #1
'88Scrat

Benelli M4 H20 Pricing

I've wanted one of these semi-auto shotguns for years and now finally have the money to make the purchase. Specifically, Benelli model 11796.

But...

Wow...

All the ones I see for sale on GB are like $3500+. When did that happen? For the longest time you could get 'em all day long for about $2200. I was a little disappointed when I went to look seriously about buying one today and saw I was $1300 short. Is this just price gauging due to, well 2020 in general really, or am I missing something here?
Old August 25, 2020, 10:33 PM   #2
'88Scrat

Or is that price only for LE...?
Old September 5, 2020, 01:16 PM   #3
'88Scrat

Let me rephrase; is an 11796 worth $4,000? I know that ultimately the buyer decides the price but what I don't know is if there are other factors such as 922R compliance issues, or perhaps just something about this specific model that makes it outstanding. For example I know some M4 Benneli shotguns will actually have LE stamped on the receiver while others are civilian versions that have been converted to look like the real deal.
Old September 5, 2020, 07:28 PM   #4
Snidely Whiplash

It’s the pandemic / riots / election. I bought a Benelli M4 (11721 model) six months ago and thought I was overpaying at $2,100. but I wanted the best shotgun available and the M4 is it. Now the price I paid looks great.

FWIW, I’d wait a while for sanity to return to the market and get exactly what you want. The last thing I would want to do is overpay and not get the exact model I wanted.

My model has the collapsible stock and seven round magazine tube but not the night sights. The seven round magazine tube is a must-have, the collapsable stock is OK but makes the shotgun unbalanced / front end heavy, and I didn’t want the night sights given I added the Scalarworks Trijicon rmr package. The M4 with the Scalarworks Trijicon rmr makes the M4 a next level weapon.
Old September 5, 2020, 10:12 PM   #5
'88Scrat

Seems like a lot of the ones I see, including the 11721 require a law enforcement credential to purchase at the $2,000ish price so I though that the extra $$$$ was what it would cost your every day Joe Schmoe.
Old September 6, 2020, 05:58 PM   #6
Snidely Whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by '88Scrat View Post
Seems like a lot of the ones I see, including the 11721 require a law enforcement credential to purchase at the $2,000ish price ....
Wasn’t the case when I got mine. If it is now that’s a change I wasn’t aware of.