The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 1, 2008, 08:15 PM   #26
Snake River Jake

Geeze ... my dumma ... name incorrectly referenced in last posting

I actually sent the copy of the letter to Dennis Russell, who has also published a nice reference work, "Percussion Cold Revolvers - The Second Generation Collector's Handbook & Price Guide" in it's 5th edition.
Good book.

Also have Mr. Alder's and the price is unbelieveablely low for a book of that quality.

If he reads this, and would like a copy of the letter(s), I'd be glad to send him one too.

So far I've not run into any who also had the Signature Series lettered by Colt so I'm hoping to hear from some others who did get the letters.

Also heard that the parts for Signature Series were made in Italy and sent in pre-finished form to Mr. Imperato's Colt Blackpowder Arms Co in Brooklyn, where the parts were finished and assembled into the final product by his team of craftsmen. Spoke with him a couple of times on the phone and he is/was a nice gentleman.
Old January 25, 2009, 04:20 PM   #27
2fewdaysafield

Don't mean to intrude, but saw mention of a "Mr. Imperato" as head of Colt Blackpowder Arms Company of Brooklyn, NY. Perchance would this be the same person or a relative of Anthony Imperato, President of Henry Repeating Arms Company?
Old January 25, 2009, 05:23 PM   #28
Hawg

That would be his dad Lou Imperato
Old January 25, 2009, 05:43 PM   #29
2fewdaysafield

Thanks Hawg,

Did the family recently buy Henry or did they at one time own both?
Old January 25, 2009, 06:32 PM   #30
Hawg

That I don't know. I think they started Henry but don't know when. They imply a connection to the original Henry Arms Co. but there is no connection other than the name. BTW Lou is the chairman of Henry.
Old January 25, 2009, 10:03 PM   #31
2fewdaysafield

Thanks for the info Hawg. I just bought a Henry Big Boy .357 and actually have their catalog next to my computer. There is a picture of Anthony (President) and Louis (Chairman). There is also "...In loving memory of Louis Imperato, Chairman of Henry Repeating Arms, who passed away on November 28, 2007"

Rather interesting the amount of correspondence that goes out under Anthony's name. They really use their email and keep up on it. Send them an email, you'll get a response under his name usually the same day, or at the crack of dawn.

The rifle I bought is at my FFL now, but he's up in Maine Ice-fishing, so it will be next week before I can pick it up. I like their rifles and company so far, though I do wish they were a bit lighter and that they offered some rifle chamberings other than just the 30-30.

Just sort of interesting noting that the family was once involved with Colt/Colt Blackpowder Arms.