The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 12, 2014, 09:33 AM   #1
stubbicatt

MidwayUSA customer service kudos

I wasn't sure where this posting belonged, but since MidwayUSA is largely a supplier to handloaders, I chose this forum.

Couple weeks ago, due to my own fault, I had Midway USA send an order to an address where my son no longer lives. Upon discovering my blunder, I contacted Midway to ask them, should the package ever be returned to them, will they please credit me back my purchase?

The cheerful representative listened patiently for me to explain this blunder, and asked me, if the package weren't received, to call back today. Luck would have it, I called today and the same representative answered.

At no charge to me, she sent a duplicate order to a known good address. I did not expect this. To me, this is beyond "customer service" as I have come to know it, as the situation was due entirely to my mistake, and with no blame on anything Midway did. Yet they sent me a free replacement order.

Thought I'd let you guys know.
Old May 12, 2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Metal god

Yep good CS over there .

My parents bought me something from there . Well gave me the credit card number so I could get the right thing . When the credit card bill came they did not recognize the charge and challenged the charge . I had already received the item and my parents were credited the charge . When I found out I called midway and found that my account was on hold . I was told that midway had challenged the challenge because I have ordered so many things and had them delivered to the same address that they knew there was some sort of mistake . They said I could wait to see if there challenge went through but I offered to pay to lift the hold . The next day midway called me back and informed me the challenge did in fact go through and I had in affect paid twice and now had a credit of the amount . They took the charge off my card and all was good .

My point here is they were very cool about everything and as soon as they knew what was going on the problem was handled quick with no fuss . I've had to return items before as well . No issues there as well . I love midway USA and will keep tooting there horn .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Tags
midway , midwayusa