The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 14, 2013, 09:30 AM   #276
boxing21

Power Pistol in stock.

Just a heads up for those who are interested; Cabelas has 1lb containers of Power Pistol in stock. Limit of two per customer. With the hazmat fee, it's kind of pricey but this stuff is hard to find, at least around me.
Old June 14, 2013, 11:40 AM   #277
Swampman1

Quote:
Just a heads up for those who are interested; Cabelas has 1lb containers of Power Pistol in stock. Limit of two per customer. With the hazmat fee, it's kind of pricey but this stuff is hard to find, at least around me
I'll wait. If everybody waited, this mess would be over much sooner. No way I would pay a $27 hazmat fee on top of the 1 lb powder price(8 lb box yes)...on top of the shipping price. That's insane.
Old June 14, 2013, 09:00 PM   #278
Colorado Redneck

Powder shipment "damaged in transit"

Ordered 3 pounds of IMR4198 from one of the big online retailers. Tracking notice said UPS would deliver on June 12. June 12th, tracking said delivery would be on June 13th. June 13th, tracking said "The package was damaged in transit-shipper will be notified."

I called the retailer. Told them what happened. Customer support said "this has happened several times recently with powder shipments. Not saying anything is going on, but it seems strange." Seems strange to me, too. Well, they had more of that powder and shipped me 3 more pounds. Will wait to see what happens.

My opinion? That powder will show up at a gun show somewhere. I may be wrong, but of all the stuff I have had shipped to me, and all of the stuff we shipped to our kids in the army, never had a problem.

I strongly commend the retailer. Handled this with grace and professionally.
Old June 15, 2013, 07:44 AM   #279
Unclenick
Staff

If you're going to recommend the vendor, you might mention the name.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old June 15, 2013, 06:05 PM   #280
Colorado Redneck

Vendor name--

Well, Unclenick--I guess they won't get in trouble for me quoting the customer service person's statement about powder shipments.

Gamaliel. This is the first time I have dealt with them. Spoke to two different employees and they were both extremely nice. They shipped my powder the same day I called about the damaged order. Said I don't have to do anything more, they will take care of it. Can't do any better than that!
Old June 16, 2013, 11:04 AM   #281
Closing The Gap

I think unclenick was referring to the name of the actual "online retailer". This thread is here to help others get the items. If you don't tell us who you used it's of no help regardless of the experience.
Old June 16, 2013, 04:20 PM   #282
Colorado Redneck

Closing the gap--I understand. A few days ago I posted the info about finding powder and bullets. I was reluctant to mention the name when discussing the damaged shipment because of their business relationship with UPS.

Here is the link to GAMALIEL:
http://www.gamaliel.com/

Last edited by Colorado Redneck; June 16, 2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added info
Old June 18, 2013, 08:11 AM   #283
zTimbo

The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.

Has anyone been finding ammo at Walmart?

I've noticed that when using the app everything shows "out of stock" or "inventory stock unavailable". I was having really good luck with the app a couple months ago. I've never seen the "inventory stock unavailable" before. Must be Walmart's way of shutting the app down.

I went to Walmart this morning, and nothing showed up and the other guys that were waiting seemed to act as if its been awhile since something showed up. Could be their way of trying to run me off, but I spent every morning at that Walmart for 2 months before I found out about the app and know how things work up there. There were a bunch of new faces when I went this morning. Saw 2 guys that I remember waiting with.
Old June 18, 2013, 05:23 PM   #284
Closing The Gap

My wife and I picked up some boxes Federal .22 last Thursday and Winchester .22 on Sunday. The inventory unavailable thing seems to be what has replaced "in stock". The last 3 purchases we made were unavailable, then went out of stock.

Those guys were more than likely trying to discourage you. The app still works for us when needed. We just had to figure out the correlation of unavailable to "in stock". Considering the app was down for almost a whole day last week I would assume they did some work on it and screwed it up a bit...
Old June 19, 2013, 08:03 AM   #285
zTimbo

The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing The Gap View Post
My wife and I picked up some boxes Federal .22 last Thursday and Winchester .22 on Sunday. The inventory unavailable thing seems to be what has replaced "in stock". The last 3 purchases we made were unavailable, then went out of stock.

Those guys were more than likely trying to discourage you. The app still works for us when needed. We just had to figure out the correlation of unavailable to "in stock". Considering the app was down for almost a whole day last week I would assume they did some work on it and screwed it up a bit...
That's what I figured was happening. I ended up getting what I was looking for using gunbot.net for what I would pay at Walmart.
Old June 19, 2013, 09:10 AM   #286
Jeff2131

Natchez has more .223's

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...&src=bckrdAlrt

55gr FMJ Boat Tail with cannelure

$11.99 per 100
Old June 19, 2013, 10:20 AM   #287
Garycw

A good article on the ammo shortage

Thought if share this link. I think it explains very well the reason for the shortage, about the manufactures and the possible solution.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2013/06/12...kly+Newsletter
Old June 19, 2013, 11:49 PM   #288
feets

I was at a loss for words

but it didn't take me too long to find a few choice words to share.

Old June 19, 2013, 11:55 PM   #289
BigD_in_FL

Sorry, if you do not like the price, then don't buy it......if the retailer can get that, then he has it priced right for the market conditions; if it doesn't sell, he will reduce his price
Old June 20, 2013, 12:20 AM   #290
feets

There was a guy two rows over with the exact same boxes marked at $45. That's still $20 higher than the stores.

I can't believe people are foolish enough to buy stuff at these prices.
Old June 20, 2013, 07:09 AM   #291
Dashunde

Yea... free market or whatever... $125 is still insulting.

One of those boxes is half the price of some of the pistols/rifles it'll run through.
Old June 20, 2013, 07:25 AM   #292
Jimboh247

I wasn't so much surprised at the price. I was surprised that someone actually had some to sell!

Good thing I still have about 1000 rounds that I bought pre-craziness.

I went to Gander Mtn yesterday, and felt almost stupid asking the guy behind the counter if they had any .22!
Old June 20, 2013, 08:32 AM   #293
UtopiaTexasG19

But, but, but those are really cool cardboard boxes.......
Old June 20, 2013, 08:36 AM   #294
g.willikers

Ouch.
And one of our local stores pricing Thunderbolts at $90 seemed nuts.
Kind of makes having .22s a waste of time, these days.
Old June 20, 2013, 09:12 AM   #295
Evan Thomas

Moved to the main thread.
Old June 20, 2013, 09:20 AM   #296
AllenJ

I hope you had some real choice words for him. I hate thieves.
Old June 20, 2013, 07:18 PM   #297
Joe_Pike

I found some 5.56 at Academy today - 12,500 rounds for $6,499. It was in a steel barrel. I wonder how long they will have that.
Old June 21, 2013, 10:17 AM   #298
Farmland

WOW 22's, I haven't seen that many in one place for a long time. I would have to pass at that price but I know if they ever come down to the right price and in stock I will never go short on 22's for the future.
Old June 22, 2013, 05:31 PM   #299
fred_in_tx

Local WalMart in Wichita Falls, TX got in a bunch of ammo yesterday. The manager posted on the local Facebook guns & ammo that it was going on the shelf at 9 am. I got there and there was probably 40 people in line. They were ready as they had made a line with yellow tape down the back aisle. They had about 10 or 12 people working the ammo counter, you had to pay there not at the front.

They had 22 LR Federal white box of 325 for $13.97 limit 2 boxes per person.

They had Winchester 380 white box for $22.47 for 50 & American Eagle (Federal) 9mm for $17.17 50 per box.

They limited you to 2 boxes of 22 LR & 4 boxes total. They had a lot of other ammo but the above is what I bought.

We did some grocery shopping for about 45 minutes & I went back to sporting goods & they were still selling ammo.

Someone posted that they got in 2500 boxes of the 22 LR.

I hope the supply is loosening up somewhat.
Old June 22, 2013, 06:30 PM   #300
LateNightFlight

17 HMR by the brick (20 grain)

When I first saw this in stock, it was sold out by the time I went to checkout. Then it came back in stock, but there's no telling what the depth of inventory is. (I've posted an in stock item before, only to see it sell out within minutes and probably before TFL troops had a chance at it. None-the-less, here goes. Good luck.)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/930...10-boxes-of-50
Closed Thread