The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 7, 2008, 06:08 PM   #1
jdtoyou

Looking for a DRESS gun belt, 1.25"

I'm looking for a 1.25" dress gun belt that will only be worn with a IWB holster. The belt will most often be worn with suits or nice trousers. I've looked at Beltman and the quality looks good but they look a little casual. I saw a nice looking Galco but heard they don't hold up well.

What other gun belt makers should I be looking at? Thanks!
Old June 7, 2008, 08:56 PM   #2
hkg3

I’ve had a Galco for about a year now. I wear it almost daily with and without my holster, mostly without.
The images are the ONLY wear my belt shows.

Old June 7, 2008, 09:37 PM   #3
rovingpulse2

You can't go wrong with Brommeland or UBG. Brommeland especially makes a very nice looking and sturdy belt.

I haven't heard anything really terrible about Galco belts, and considering the quality of their holsters my guess is you wouldn't have any problems with one of their belts either.
Old June 7, 2008, 09:59 PM   #4
jdtoyou

The Brommeland looks nice. Any idea on price? The retailers webpage says it's under construction.
Old June 8, 2008, 06:14 AM   #5
Kreyzhorse

I know the The Beltman didn't fit your needs but if you don't find any thing that works better for you, I just wanted to say that my Beltman belt is the finest gun belt I've owned. Quality is outstanding and it supports my 1911 like its an Airweight. Really, really well made belts.
Old June 8, 2008, 06:15 AM   #6
Kreyzhorse

I know the The Beltman didn't fit your needs but if you don't find any thing that works better for you, I just wanted to say that my Beltman belt is the finest gun belt I've owned. Quality is outstanding and it supports my 1911 like its an Airweight. Really, really well made belts.

Bianchi also makes gun belts. Check out www.bianchi-intl.com or www.midwayusa.com and see if any of those meet your requirements.
Old June 8, 2008, 11:46 AM   #7
guntotin_fool

The milt sparks belts are the best, nicest looking dress belts in plain leather. they do need a better buckle and concho (SP) to dress them up a bit for dress slacks but for a suit they are great.

http://www.miltsparks.com/Belts.htm I have a 1 1/4 belt that tapers to 1 inch, and a 1 1/2 and that tapers to 1 inch as well, both are super quality.

for a MUCH cheaper alternative, I have a couple of the Blackhawk industries "alligator" belts, which have held up quite nicely and cost about 39 dollars.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blcqcstpibe.html
Old June 8, 2008, 02:26 PM   #8
jdtoyou

How long do the Milt Sparks belts take? I'm not waiting 6 months for a belt although I really like the look of the last belt in the picture.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/galco/SB3DressBelt.asp I like this one a lot as iI like the lines of the buckle and it looks like it would lay flat. I'm just not sure of the quality.
Old June 11, 2008, 10:40 PM   #9
22-rimfire

Rafter S; Great custom belts made for you. Great service. Check them out. My favorite leather belt.
Old June 11, 2008, 10:49 PM   #10
Limeyfellow

If you really can't find anything you like, you can always go to a leather store and pick the stuff to make the ideal belt, whatever colour and pattern you want. My wife makes most of my belts for me, including my carry belt, carved display belts and just about everything else and it is not too expensive to set yourself up, that you can get belt blanks and the like and make just about any you ever could want too.
Old June 11, 2008, 11:11 PM   #11
redrick

Brommeland is in some financial trouble right now , he is not taking new orders. I have bought 2 holsters from UBG , I was not impressed , he was fast though , about 4 weeks. I am waiting on a belt from rafter s right now I was told 4 weeks it's been 8 weeks so far , they do make a nice looking shark
belt , I don't know about there other belts.
Old June 11, 2008, 11:45 PM   #12
jdtoyou

Has anyone tried this one?

http://www.gunaccessories.com/galco/SB3DressBelt.asp