The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 15, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1
Kirby8604

Wait time on SP101

Is anyone else getting long wait times on revolvers? I put a down payment on an SP101 two months ago (Twin Cities, MN) and still no revolver. I've heard plenty about demand and wait times on AR15s, but there's no legislative threat on revolvers... what's going on?
Old April 15, 2013, 06:10 PM   #2
AID_Admin

Panicking is what's going on. It took me over four months to renew my FOID recently. Just a year ago or so it was taking under thirty days. Everything gun related is effected, even things that have nothing to do with proposed legislative changes.
Old April 15, 2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Waspinator

A lot of new shooters coming into the market, and a lot of new shooters like revolvers for their simplicity. I just did my permit class yesterday, and a sp101 is on my radar when the permit clears. If it is on my radar, then it is on thousands of others as well.

Not to mention our state's largest Ruger dealer told my coworker, last month, that Ruger were already well over their sustainable order levels for the entire year and were not taking any more orders. Is it true? I don't know, just repeating what was told to him. But from what I gather, pretty much any well regarded handgun, like a sp101, is very hard to find these days... unless you luck into one.

It will take probably 2+ months for my permit to come in, hopefully it gets better and not worse by then, if worse.. I'll probably have to wait it out to find a gun.
Old April 15, 2013, 06:25 PM   #4
mukwah

Re: Wait time on SP101

Picked up from gun broker.com yesterday, shipping Tues AM, not a SP but a GP100(they had SP101's also).
Old April 15, 2013, 07:01 PM   #5
Gdawgs

Which SP101 are you looking for? I just picked up a 22 SP101 a couple weeks ago(here in Hutchinson), and I know they have another one. Pretty sure they had a 357 too.
Old April 15, 2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Kirby8604

I'm looking for the 357 in 3 in. At this point the shop already has my down payment so I don't think I can retract and get one from somewhere else. I checked out gunbroker but every one was going for more than retail (not just more than gun shop prices, more than msrp), which I'm just not willing to do.
Old April 16, 2013, 06:38 AM   #7
wheelyfun

Found a SP101 snub in Double Action only this weekend.

New in Box, (the newest model, with the "billboard" moved to underneath the barrel) for $540.

Couldn't get out of there fast enough!!

Sending it off to Gemini Customs for a make-over!
Old April 16, 2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Colt46

wait times for nearly every kind of gun are

I'm looking into HD revolver for my aunt and wait times are long. Used guns are expensive as well. Not the best time to be buying if you are price conscious.
Old April 16, 2013, 12:01 PM   #9
rem44m

Quote:
I'm looking for the 357 in 3 in.
It's worth the wait

"If gun owners are as violent as anti-gunners said we are, there wouldn't be any anti's left"
Old April 17, 2013, 01:06 AM   #10
engineer88

I love my 2" DAO. It is my EDC. On my hip as I type this. You really cannot go wrong with one and worth the wait tbh.

Tags
order , revolver , sp101 , wait