The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 1, 2019, 07:09 AM   #26
wild cat mccane

Ha! To post 12 where a guy says Dems don't use facts, then uses a quote from Thomas Jefferson...which isn't a Thomas Jefferson quote. Classic.

https://www.monticello.org/site/rese...ious-quotation
Old April 9, 2019, 07:18 AM   #27
Doc Holliday 1950

I listened to everyone's advice & changed the parameters of what I wanted.
I bought a 1978 4" blued Python. the finish was very good and the bore lookes great as did the cylinders. I found 2 very tiny pits in the finished which I missed
the first 3 times I checked it out. The trigger action IMHO is the best that I come across in years. Going to see my gunsmith who is very knowledgeable with Colts
& let him check out the works. The cost came in under my $3K limit & I have a 3 day inspection option. That also gave me piece of mind.
I'm trying to figure out how to post pics. Still can't figure this out after being on The Firing Line.
Thanks everyone

Doc
Old April 10, 2019, 01:11 PM   #28
Bulwyf

Every time I see these posts of “weak” pythons I just lol. I have my dads that he carried as a deputy sheriff for a decade. That gun has had way over 30,000 rounds through it half magnums. The finish is worn on the muzzle and front edge of cylinder. The right side original grip is noticeably worn. But that action is as tight as my nib python.

I have a python that is my “shooter” it’s up to 45,000 rounds, mostly 38 special. If someone wants to shoot a python they use this. I about killed a man from local police, thought he was a pistolero, he “fanned” this python. After snatching it from his stupid a hands I Che led it. No damage. I maintain that most “weak” actions are due to home gunsmiths doing a so called trigger job. These are unique and only a handful of people really are good with them.
The s&w is superior in one thing. Mass production. The smith design lends itself to interchangeable parts. The colt python was fitted parts. In the modern financial times the smith would always win. It was and is profitable. Good grief just to polish that royal blue you had to have years of experience before allowed at a python.

I carry s&w have several of them, I like both. Neither deserve to be considered second rate.