The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 12, 2019, 09:27 AM   #26
Auto5

Bought one yesterday to replace the Kimber Solo as my EDC.
Old January 12, 2019, 10:01 AM   #27
wild cat mccane

Can anyone compare it to the trigger of the VP9 or PPQ? Sounds a bit heavier...but kinda the same realm?
Old January 12, 2019, 01:27 PM   #28
scsov509

We have two in our home, one born in July and one in September, and both have been flawless so far with 1500-2500 rounds through each.

Quote:
does anyone use the sig ammo in their 365 ? i know sig makes some v crown & practice ammo also that they label for the 365 . it is a lil pricey & wonder if anyone uses it with their 365 ?
I purchased a case of Sig’s training ammo and have run another 200 rounds of the V-Crown through various firerarms, and so far I’ve really been pleased with both offerings. The training ammo is a little more expensive than other comparable 9mm, but their carry ammo around here is a lot less expensive than other carry ammo. So personally I’m happy with it so far.
Old January 14, 2019, 02:42 PM   #29
Jeff H

I put 100 rounds or so through mine this weekend.

Points and shoots like a much larger gun, the green front sight is very easy to focus on. Trigger is great for any striker fired gun.

I really fear for my Shield. He really doesn't want to be replaced by the new guy, but it is really looking like my preference falls on the P365. It is smaller in all dimensions, holds 3 more rounds and I shoot it better. What's not to like.
Old January 14, 2019, 03:15 PM   #30
FITASC

Get the 12 round mag and IMO, you'll like it even more.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 24, 2019, 07:20 PM   #31
chris in va

Quote:
Can anyone compare it to the trigger of the VP9 or PPQ? Sounds a bit heavier...but kinda the same realm?
Nowhere near the crisp feel, has some 'stiction' when the sear is finally taking up slack. The Shield EZ 2.0 I rented had a much better trigger.
Old January 25, 2019, 02:16 PM   #32
AmmunitionDepot

Enjoy it! I've heard a lot of happy people that own them.
Old January 28, 2019, 02:39 AM   #33
jimmybruno

just got one last week, I put appox 500 rounds 124 grain. I think the gun is flawless, very accurate for a short barrel. I found one thing that bugs me, it is very hard to load the magazine. It takes a lot of strength to put 10 rounds into the mag so I bought the 12 round magazine thinking it would be easier to load but it is a lot harder.... any ideas on how to brake the mag spring would be appreciated
Old January 28, 2019, 03:33 AM   #34
10-96

Quote:
any ideas on how to brake the mag spring would be appreciated
I don't think there's any short sweet answer to that. The nature of a spring is to change it's nature only through cycles of compression and decompression. If you have a "friend" you don't much care for that owes you a favor, maybe you could put him to work loading and unloading your clips?

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old January 28, 2019, 09:21 AM   #35
gnystrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybruno View Post
just got one last week, I put appox 500 rounds 124 grain. I think the gun is flawless, very accurate for a short barrel. I found one thing that bugs me, it is very hard to load the magazine. It takes a lot of strength to put 10 rounds into the mag so I bought the 12 round magazine thinking it would be easier to load but it is a lot harder.... any ideas on how to brake the mag spring would be appreciated
I agree the last round is a handful to load. I have one flat based mag full and all of the others I load one round short. Why jamb anything?
Old January 30, 2019, 04:56 PM   #36
kevra1983

Just got mine not long ago. If you got decent sized hands then I'd recommend using the extended mag. Or getting one... Just bought my fiance the new 43X not just two days ago.
Old January 30, 2019, 05:44 PM   #37
chris in va

The mags are difficult to load at first so (for the first time) I bought an UpLula. Used it a couple times then the springs settled in and now the last couple rounds are much easier.

I now have about 800 through mine, no issues.
Old February 6, 2019, 08:01 PM   #38
Mackie244Bud

For all you new P365 owners there is a Great Deal on P365's 12 round Magazines at Osage County Guns.
Sale lasts for 2 more days...$34.99
Free shipping over $100.00
But they also have a fixed shipping at a good price..$3.95 to South Florida you can check your area.

Link Here: https://www.osagecountyguns.com/fire...-365-9-12.html

The P365 is even better with a 12 round Mag.
Old February 20, 2019, 08:21 AM   #39
SAYOC01

Got mine last month!Shoots great & I love it.Only problem is....front sight is DEAD...rear sights ...bright green!No...not sending her back to Sig for a front sight..! Will this P365 replace my Glock 30s as my edc?? Don't know...really like the G30S!
Old February 20, 2019, 08:57 AM   #40
Blade37db

Bought mine in early January with a late December manufacture date.
About 250 rounds thru it including some +P ammo.
My rear sights are a little dimmer than my front (not sure if they are supposed to be).
No issues using 10 round mags (a mag loader is a must). Did experience some brass to the forehead last trip but that might be the WWB ammo I was using.
Old February 20, 2019, 09:40 AM   #41
davidsog

Quote:
I agree the last round is a handful to load.

On the stock magazines, I did not find it a noticeable difference.

On the 12 round magazines it definitely requires extra effort on that last round.
Old February 20, 2019, 09:42 AM   #42
davidsog

Quote:
Only problem is....front sight is DEAD...rear sights ...bright green!No...not sending her back to Sig for a front sight..!
I would encourage you to send it back. SIG will fix it at no charge and the front sight is kind of important for well placed shots, LOL.
Old February 24, 2019, 12:54 AM   #43
chris in va

Loading the mags gets easier, I bought my first uplula just because of this gun but haven't used it after the first few mags. The spring just needs to settle in.
Old February 24, 2019, 02:00 AM   #44
Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMag1 View Post
Buy, shoot, and enjoy. It’s a great pistol, and Sig will take care of you if there is an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
While this is true, it doesn't help you if the issue occurs in a situation where your life depends on it. It's for that reason that I couldn't use a 365 as a carry gun.
Old February 24, 2019, 08:23 AM   #45
JMag1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
While this is true, it doesn't help you if the issue occurs in a situation where your life depends on it. It's for that reason that I couldn't use a 365 as a carry gun.

Literally COULD happen with any gun you own. Guns are machines; machines are man made; machines, like men, can and will fail.

That said, a P365 born after June 2018 should have all the improvements, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old February 24, 2019, 09:46 AM   #46
USNRet93

yup.
Quote:
That said, a P365 born after June 2018 should have all the improvements, IIRC.
??Hope so..

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=sig%20365

"Tools not Trophies”
Old February 24, 2019, 06:30 PM   #47
fl_rich

Hated mine! Never hardly shot it. Added the now MANDATORY 12 round magazine and it magically became one of my favorites. It always was a good shooter but felt like it wanted to cramp my hand with any of the supplied magazines. Added to 12 rounder and its like a different gun.
Old February 24, 2019, 08:34 PM   #48
rodfac

Mine is a January 23, 2019 gun and it's been first rate to date, & very accurate for its size. I've put 470 rounds through mine in the past 3 weeks or so...a mix of factory AE 115 & 124 gr FMJ's as well as Federal Hydro-Shok 115 JHPs. It also feeds my mid-range hand loads without a bobble, and that includes about 100 of my hand cast 124 LSWC's. Accuracy with these last is comparable to the factory rounds, and with zero leading issues. The groove dia. BTW, is 0.356"

In the hand, the gun has none of the usual Sig, fat bodied grip feel. It's more like a 1911, small but really comfortable. It's also undercut at the rear of the trigger guard allowing a higher grip (read closer to bore axis) than any other Sig I've shot. (M11A1, P220, P290, P225, & P226-Mk25) And it does all this and still allows pocket carry if desired.

For a striker fired pistol, it has a really good trigger in my example. Much better, for example, than my wife's G-19 and G-23. Being a long time revolver shooter, the reset point isn't much of an issue for me, but it is short when I concentrate on using it. The trigger itself has some take up, not excessive, then a fairly clean break. Entirely usable, and improved notably with use.

Accuracy has run to just over an inch at 10 yds, from an unsupported Weaver stance, slow fire of course, for the above mentioned ammunition sources. Unlike the rest of my 9's, this one does seem to like 115 gr bullets. Too, I find that the flat based magazine, groups to the same POI as the longer, extended 10-round mags. I haven't tried the 12 rounders, preferring instead the better concealment of the shorter ones.

The sights were a major surprise for me. That Sig X-ray, bright green dot front especially. It's immediately seen for close in defensive shooting, but still allows precision out to just under 20 yards. Using a standard playing card to represent the ocular cranial target for defensive head shots, I'm able to keep my rounds in that square out to 20 yds. In dark conditions both the front and rear dots are easily aligned. I like 'em a lot...especially that front green dot.

The gun handles its brass well, feeding it without a problem but does have a very noticeable primer/striker drag mark. It's more pronounced with Federal (read softer) primers but is still well evident with Winchester and CCI caps as well. I've not had any instances with it failing to fire.

Other issues previously reported by early users, (galling or peening of the bbl. and scratching on the rear of the magazines near the top from the trigger return spring) have not surfaced either.

I have to say that I do keep my guns clean, and don't expect to fire much more than a box of ammunition without cleaning. From reports I've read, it would seem that some shooters are expecting to go hundreds of rounds without cleaning and still retain 100% reliability...it's not an expectation I share. Self defense via concealed carry, demands a reliable gun, and cleaning my EDC piece is as important now as it was back when I wore the uniform. I'm not into testing just how fouled the gun can get and still operate.

YMMv, Rod (Re-reading my comments it occurs that I've come across as a fanboy for the P365...and I guess that's right. BTW, Hickok45 (perhaps the quintessential Glock fan), now carries a P365 as his EDC as revealed in his video on the G43x, check out his comments at 16:50 regarding the G43 vs the P365. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4B5FOCrc_A
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; February 24, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old February 24, 2019, 09:16 PM   #49
Schlitz 45

Picked up one today, born on date of January 30th. Got the only 12 round mag left on the rack & a holster’s in the mail. Seems like it fill in a space that I had in my carry options nicely. Also ordered a Hogue beaver tail slip on grip to help fill my hand a bit, I’ll run it some next weekend and see how it does.
Old February 25, 2019, 11:47 AM   #50
Schlitz 45

Forgot to mention the store I got mine from has sold over 80 them. And I do have one small gripe after playing around dry firing for a day- the sights are made for a longer sight radius & on this short of a pistol the front sight almost completely fills in the rear sight gap making it harder for fast shooting. I’ll see how it does but thinking about opening up the rear sight channel a bit.

Last edited by Schlitz 45; February 25, 2019 at 09:22 PM.