The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 20, 2007, 11:51 AM   #1
scott1119

weapons shield

George gave out free samples of this stuff, I only have 1 word for the product and for him A W E S O M E.........................................
Old July 28, 2007, 10:03 PM   #2
even11

+1 to George.... Great product, great salesmanship, Happy as can be and a customer for life!!

-Dane
Old July 29, 2007, 03:16 PM   #3
dogtown tom

Thanks George!!!
Old July 29, 2007, 03:27 PM   #4
tomh1426

Yeah thanks
I feel bad that I havent given it a review yet but the truth is I havent been shooting since it arived.
Right now almost every gun I own is lubed up with weapons shield.
Old July 29, 2007, 05:53 PM   #5
dallread

weapon shield

I got my sample, friday 7-27-07, and used on a mosin nagant 91/30.
Friction was reduced to where you think there were no springs in the rifle.
Very smooth action, maybe I should use some on my shoulders and arms.
thank you for sample!
Old August 9, 2007, 08:54 PM   #6
gcfennell

Thanks guys

Thanks guys for the feedback and you all are most welcome. That's awesome. Please keep posting your experiences; good, bad, or indifferent. I would love to hear from everyone we've sent a sample to (that would take up a few dozen pages of forum space, but hey...I'll read them ALL )
Oh...forgot to mention. We leave no one behind...if you didn't get a sample and got in late on the offer, just email me...we'll get one out to you all, who really care to try it.

Best regards,
George
http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old August 10, 2007, 06:34 PM   #7
gyp_c2

hey there...

...I didn't get mine!
I'm jealous...andand..sniff sniff, wahhhhhhhhhh....I want my slickem stuff George...
Old August 10, 2007, 08:48 PM   #8
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
i used my sample.

Basically I used it wherever I saw rust forming on anything.

In particular, I seem to have this problem with a few screws on a TLR-2. Some of them rust. You'd think they would be rust resistant but not resistant enough for central texas sweat and humidity in the summer, I guess.

So after cleaning off the rust i put a drop of the Weaponshield on the area and so far, no further rust. Timeframe on this is a couple weeks now. To be fair, i had nothing on it in the first place. So would any rust inhibitor work? I can't say.

But the Weaponshield sure does seem to work.

C-
Old August 13, 2007, 03:40 PM   #9
tsix

Tried the WS CLP this weekend, Highly recommend it. Definitely holds on the metal better than anything I have tried. Thanks George, and good luck in your venture!

tsix
Old August 16, 2007, 02:49 PM   #10
gcfennell

Thanks guys

Thats what I hoped to hear from everybody.
Hey....where's this "Denny Hansen" character?
Hey Denny....whatcha think about it?

Best regards,
George
Old August 17, 2007, 06:18 PM   #11
kermit315

I love it too. Got it in the mail after i gave the wrong zip code (doh) and he had to resend it 3 times.

lubed up my shotgun and pistol with it and went to the range, worked like a champ, no problems that i can tell at all.

Thanks George.

Jamie Carver
Walther P22
Old August 19, 2007, 08:14 PM   #12
gcfennell

What you get!

For those of you who are reluctant to try Weapon Shield CLP, based on the fact that the former samples of FP-10 came in a "ketchup Pack" and the ones from Kimber are even smaller, here is what you get. Perfect for the shooters bag and vest straps...and its a FULL 1 ounce bottle. That goes a long way.

Photo compliments of Nelson Ong, DC

Best regards and thank you all for posting up your results to date,
George
Old August 22, 2007, 10:21 AM   #13
Coyote Hitman

Thanks for the bottle, George. It was a hit at my last qualification session and several guys are testing it out.

I also took the opportunity to work out an old friend and put your product to the test. I have a "seasoned" G19 that I picked up at a pawn shop 8 years ago, mostly to test the limits of a Glock and see how I could abuse it. I have over 15,000 rounds through this gun myself, and I have not cleaned it in at least 2,000 rounds. A buddy and I took it camping/kayaking last weekend and I lubed it lightly with WS on the barrel, slide rails and trigger group before we left. We put an additional 2,000 rounds of blazer, WWB, and reloads through it over the weekend; about 1K on Saturday and 1K on Sunday. The gun had an accumulation of pocket lint, dirt, powder residue, and other gunk in it prior to the trip. While on the trip, it was submerged in water, and exposed to sand and other grime while kayaking. I do not advocate this, BUT prior to shooting it on Sunday, I dumped a small handful of dirt in through the magwell, up into the slide/barrel area. We shook it out, ensured that the bore was clear, and proceeded to shoot it all day without a hiccup. Prior to driving home, I wiped the excess crud away, doused it with WS, and put it in a ziplock. I cleaned the gun this morning using only WS and it did a fine job.

The gun is not spotless, but the majority of the gunk is gone. I am sure that with some elbow grease, I could get it totally clean using only WS.

P.S.- Is WS safe to use on rubber o-rings?
Old August 22, 2007, 06:49 PM   #14
DWARREN123

I got one of the free samples and it does seem to work very well and does not take much. Good product!
Old August 22, 2007, 07:05 PM   #15
armoredman

I have been using Weapon Shield since I recieved my free sample, and cleaning the Model 10 and a few long guns. Good stuff! I offer again my cheesy ad poster, and I believe it. I will order more when I have $ to my name again...

Old August 27, 2007, 08:13 AM   #16
mon10

steeshield oil

Got sample from steelshield and tried this on my 1911.Been shooting 1911 for so long and first time I experience the difference on this oil so smooth and less residue on guns.I gave left over oil sample to my customers for evaluation feedback was awesome to use,good stuff,all kinds of very good feedback.
Suarez Arms MN
Old August 27, 2007, 09:51 AM   #17
ZeSpectre

All of my comments

As I've posted before, all of my commentary can be found on the "What lube is this?" thread. I started out trying to find out what lube had been used on a SIG 229 that I bought (Militec-1) and that led to a side by side test between Militec-1 and Weapon Shield. If you don't want to read through the whole thing just skip to the last couple of posts I made (#26 and #27).

I'm a pretty hard sell but Weapon Shield won me over for sure!

Ze