The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 19, 2000, 11:35 AM   #1
Dakotan

I just ordered a case of this load for a customer who, of course, was curious about it's ballistic properties. I checked Israeli Military Industry's website. As per my normal luck, naturally IMI doesn't have their 115 grain "Di-Cut" JHP listed anywhere on their ballistics charts. Has anyone ever shot or chrono'd this load? Thanks, Guys- Dakotan

[This message has been edited by Dakotan (edited February 19, 2000).]
Old February 19, 2000, 02:05 PM   #2
nwgunman

Dakotan: I saw these babies in the Widener's catalog and was curious. Do you have them in hand? If so, what the heck does "die cut" look like? Did IMI just take a buncha FMJ and ram some kinda blade down across the top? Thanks.
Old February 20, 2000, 06:14 PM   #3
Dakotan

Haven't got them yet. There is a full description on IMI's website (minus the ballistics, of
course ). http://www.imisammo.co.il/

From IMI:9mm DICUT™ Diamond-Cut™
Jacketed Hollow PointOur engineering team developed this cartridge, with its unique
diamond-cut bullet nose, filling the need which is not met by conventional round-nose
ammunition. The shape of the hollow cavity in the nose of the bullet enables the cartridges in the DICUT™ line to fire smoothly in law enforcement weapons. Penetration, combined with stopping power, accuracy, and a high expansion ratio make the round ideal for police use.

I'm guessing that the velocity will be around that of their 115gr. "Black-Tip" subgun ammo. If this is a decent round, (and if my prior experiences with IMI ammo are any
indication, it will be!) it beats the hell out of paying mega-$$$$$ for SXTs, Hydra-Shocks, Cor-Bon, or the other "premium" self-defense loads!Just wish I could get the
ballistics!Take Care- Dakotan