The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 10, 2019, 07:20 PM   #1
Doc Holliday 1950

new Trigger

I got tired of having Glock finger issues after using both my G19 & G43x so I changed the triggers & shooting them has become much more comfortable.
How many people out there have changes their Glock triggers & why.

Doc
Old November 10, 2019, 07:42 PM   #2
TunnelRat

Changed them to what?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old November 10, 2019, 07:49 PM   #3
HighValleyRanch

Been shooting glocks since my first glock 19 newly purchased in 1989 and never had any problems with the oem trigger?
Old November 10, 2019, 08:30 PM   #4
Dan-O

I’m wondering what you changed them to as well.
Old November 11, 2019, 12:27 PM   #5
dyl

Did you go from serrated to smooth trigger? Or perhaps an aftermarket like Hyve triggers or pyramid triggers?

What was the matter with the originals?

If it's the trigger pull characteristics, that can be changed somewhat with different connectors. One of my Glocks has a "Ghost Rocket Evo" or somethiing like that. It changed the pull to a light but smooth (no "wall") surprise break, and I filed it down until there was barely any overtravel. I didn't really need it though, it was a relatively cheap but fun project.
Old November 11, 2019, 09:27 PM   #6
Quick1

I have changed the triggers in all my glocks and am running overwatch precision triggers. I wanted a lighter trigger and prefer a flat face trigger. I also like that they use OEM trigger bars and ensure all OEM function is maintained, they are a great company. I am also using their NP3 coated glock OEM "-" connectors, 6lbs triggers springs, and the NP3 plated safety plugers.

It is a great feeling set up and has proven 100% reliable with no malfunctions in any of my glocks after thousands of rounds.
Old November 11, 2019, 11:02 PM   #7
JDBerg

I have an Apex Action Enhancement Kit on my Gen3 17. This consists of a new Gen3 factory trigger bar with the Apex trigger shoe, an Apex ultimate safety firing pin block plunger, and an Apex performance connector. This kit is a direct drop-in replacement of the Glock factory polymer trigger, safety plunger and connector and gives a smooth trigger pull with reduced travel, reduced reset, a crisp break and about a 1lb. reduction in trigger pull weight.

On my Gen3 19 I installed the factory polymer trigger takeoff from my 17, but I have the Apex firing pin block plunger and the Apex performance connector. This is a nice reliable carry trigger for less than $40 bucks for the Apex parts.

On both guns, the Apex parts work great with the stock Glock striker spring, trigger return spring, and firing pin block plunger spring, I didn’t want to replace any of these stock springs.
Old November 11, 2019, 11:14 PM   #8
veprdude

I had a 3lb trigger installed on my G22. Too light and I feel unsafe carrying it since it's so light. I think I put maybe 3 mags in it after the install and haven't shot it in almost 10 years. That's how much I dislike it.
Old November 12, 2019, 10:24 AM   #9
Dreamsinger

Being a lifelong 1911 guy I only came around to Glock in the last few years. I HATE the factory trigger. Too much take up, sloppy reset, yada yada. I shot a "built" G19 and was quite impressed. I don't remember which trigger was installed but my G17L is about to get a Vanek and my G43 build-in-progress will get a to be determined aftermarket trigger. Glock "perfection" is far from it.
Old November 12, 2019, 04:35 PM   #10
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday 1950 View Post
I got tired of having Glock finger issues after using both my G19 & G43x so I changed the triggers & shooting them has become much more comfortable.
How many people out there have changes their Glock triggers & why.
Gen 3 G19, changed stock trigger to smooth faced OEM Glock trigger. Why, preferred smooth over serrated.

I have tried other things, recommended "by the Internet", and really not liked the result. The stock Glock "kids plastic space gun" trigger is a little annoying, but one gets over that with use.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old November 12, 2019, 10:38 PM   #11
Doc Holliday 1950

I think Quick M1 did what I did. It was not the I didn't like the original trigger on my G19 & G43X. I changed the triggers because I was shooting 100 to 150 rounds /Pistol 3 to 4 times/month and my trigger finger was getting sore. This is stricktly a stress release due to the advancing of my wife's Dementia. As I said before my Dr. gave me direct orders to go to my range to release the stress of dealing with this & it really helps.

Doc
Old November 12, 2019, 10:41 PM   #12
HighValleyRanch

Doc, so sorry to hear about your wife. Do what you want with your guns and go and have some stress relief blasting away at targets!
Old November 13, 2019, 02:51 PM   #13
Tactical Jackalope

Sorry about your wife, Doc.

Overwatch is definitely one of the best if not the absolute best in aftermarket triggers. They do use factory Glock trigger bars and their magic is in the leverage.

Uncle Malice has been trying to make me get one for a little while now. I did have it on one of my Glocks that I have long sold.
Old November 14, 2019, 12:57 PM   #14
Amegatek

I changed the trigger on both my Gen 4 Glocks. The G30 (below) has an SSVI Tyr trigger. Love this trigger! My G21 mow has the glocktriggers.com Hayley Skimmer. This trigger is excellent as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old November 20, 2019, 11:15 AM   #15
Rock Hammer

Doc....I was fixing to do the same to my glocks , sights too
,enjoy them ....doc you and your wife enjoy thse holidays and nothing but good things to ya....
Old November 20, 2019, 01:49 PM   #16
Tactical Jackalope

I got into an Overwatch Falx trigger. Not too wild about the flatness and that one has a little humpty hump.

I love that it uses the stock Glock trigger bar.
Old November 20, 2019, 03:54 PM   #17
claydoctor

I had the same problem with Glocks. After 2-3 mags, my finger was sore. I had a Model 23 with a striated trigger. I switched to a smooth trigger from a Model 22. Did not help. Sold the gun and now avoid all these new plastic CCW guns if they have a Glock-style trigger. Having similar problem now with Sig 365 trigger even after switching to the factory straight trigger .
Old November 20, 2019, 04:00 PM   #18
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydoctor View Post
I had the same problem with Glocks. After 2-3 mags, my finger was sore. I had a Model 23 with a striated trigger. I switched to a smooth trigger from a Model 22. Did not help. Sold the gun and now avoid all these new plastic CCW guns if they have a Glock-style trigger. Having similar problem now with Sig 365 trigger even after switching to the factory straight trigger .
But the P365 doesn't even have the tab in the middle. What is making your finger sore?

Old November 20, 2019, 05:18 PM   #19
claydoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
But the P365 doesn't even have the tab in the middle. What is making your finger sore?

I think it's a combination of the shape of the trigger, particularly the tip and what happens during recoil. I think as the gun recoils, the pad of my finger slides down the face of the trigger and just slightly under the tip, which is sharp enough to dig into my finger pad. It happens with both the standard trigger and the straight trigger to a lesser extent. I'm curious as to whether it happens with the 365XL, which comes standard with the straight trigger.It feels better in my hand than the 365 and I wonder if the contact with the trigger face is different. Hate to spend money on an XL and have the same issue.