The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 21, 2009, 03:09 PM   #1
stang46gt

Components in stock

Was at Riley's, in Hooksette NH, 2 hours ago and they received some primers....on the shelves

large pistol primers $35/k
Sm pistol primers $34/k

large rifle primers
Sm rifle primers

Winchester jacket'd boolits
45acp 230 gr JHP
185 gr SWC
.40/10mm - different flavors
lots of .223

Looks like they had a fresh supply of ar15s and loaded ammo of all flavors.

The truck just arrived with powder but not sure what they had. I picked up some clay's univ.

Also, Pete's in Hudson NH had:
Winchester
38/357 FMJ
40/10mm FMJ

1k sm rifle match primers
3-4 k large rifle primers

a shipment of IMR powder. He said his price had to increase to about $27/lb due to supplier increase.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Doodlebugger45

I too noticed some encouraging signs last week. At one of the local shooting stores, they had a good supply of all kinds of primers with prices ranging from $31-35/1000. That particular store hasn't had a primer since January. Same thing with the powders. I bought a 1 lb can of Titegroup for $19. They hadn't had any of that for months either.

I sort of glanced at the guns they had in stock and it was very good. I saw they had about 6 AR-type rifles. I was looking more at their revolvers and they had several new Blackhawks in the $450-490 range.

They were still extremely limited on brass though. And their bullet selection was pretty limited as well.

Overall though it was another encouraging sign in terms of components becoming more available.