The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 17, 2008, 03:35 PM   #1
SigFunk

Sunglasses

Hey everyone,
It's my first time posting, but i've been reading up on this forum for a couple of days now. Incredible content in here, anyways i do have a question.

I bought my first gun almost a month ago now, it still doesn't arrive. I live in Chile and I had to order my gun from the U.S, my P226R 9mm cost me a good $1500 .

My gun will be arriving soon and i'll start going to a shooting range quite often so i want to buy my own gear, as in earmuffs and eye protection. I was wondering if its recommended to buy specially made eye protection for shooting, or any pair of sunglasses will do just fine.

If its not fine, could you recommend me some good range eye protection.

Thx
Old April 17, 2008, 04:31 PM   #2
sholling

I wear good shooting glasses. They really don't have to cost a lot. I bought from this place once but any gun shop will have them. http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/shootglas.html
Old April 18, 2008, 03:07 PM   #3
Recon7

No, but it is a good idea. Anything With polycarbonate lenses is OK if it is rated ANSI Z87 that is what you want.
Many sunglasses are rated Z87. Oakly M frames are a good example of sunglass that work great as eye protection (good enough for the US Army) they also have interchangeable lenses. if you go out to shoot in the evening any tint can be too much, even the yellow lenses.
Old April 19, 2008, 06:40 AM   #4
SigFunk

thx, ill go out to look for some z87 approved glasses that i like.