The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 8, 2017, 01:39 PM   #51
Cheapshooter

Quote:
When the laser is attached to a firearm and you already have the gun trained on someone, it can be a very real deterrent. No one is saying to use the laser sight to INTIMIDATE someone. You're the one missing the point. Just because you are justified to point the gun and pull the trigger, DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO PULL THE TRIGGER.
If a situation gets to the point I draw my gun, because the bad guy has some sort of deadly weapon, I am not waiting to see the assailants reaction! I'm also not going to be looking for a little dot I may, or may not see. That seems to be the point you are missing.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old February 12, 2017, 11:28 AM   #52
Ibmikey

Hey Cheap, We do totally agree on this issue...great response!
Old February 13, 2017, 04:28 PM   #53
dajowi

Had both CT grips and LaserMaxs on various self defense pistols. Never used them in a serious situation.

I see a lot of them installed on guns sold to elderly women who recently qualified for their concealed carry permits. All those little red dots dancing all over the target, the ceiling, the floor...OH MY!
Old February 14, 2017, 07:23 PM   #54
SauerGrapes

Never gave it much thought on a carry gun. How bout a laser on a HD long gun???

R.I.P.____Murphy
Old February 14, 2017, 08:19 PM   #55
cw308

My carry weapon is a Colt New Agent 45ACP came with Crimson Trace laser grips, Just a down & dirty pistol, trench sights, great firearm. Can switch the laser on or off. With the laser on just point and shoot. For a conceal carry 21' accuracy is what I expect , where the dot is, is where the bullet is going. It's not only deadly but fun to shoot. Never thought a 3" barrel could be that accurate. Love my NA.