The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 25, 2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Colecgg

Weatherby & Winchester Chokes?

So I have been looking at chokes recently and just wanted to know if weatherby chokes will fit in my winchester 120 ranger because they only have a selection for weatherby and i read on Cabela's website that weatherby and Winchester chokes are interchangeable. Also i am having trouble deciding if i should buy the mid-range .710 choke or long-range .700 choke for geese and duck. Also the factory chokes that came with my gun just seem to pattern like garbage, is that because they are just bad chokes or is it because 8 and 7 1/2 shot just goes everywhere because it doesn't have a lot of mass to it? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Colecgg; March 25, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old March 25, 2012, 09:30 PM   #2
badge851

Within gauge, Browning®, H&R®, Mossberg®, NEF®, Savage®, SKB®, Valmet®, Weatherby®, and Winchester® chokes are fully interchangeable.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Old March 25, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Orphanedcowboy

You can buy the extended black Trulock choke tubes from Manventure Outpost for $27 + shipping. Then if you don't like the pattern, call George up and explain to him your issue and he'll swap the choke and give you some tips and suggestions for free.

Tags
choke , chokes , weatherby , winchester