The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 10, 2018, 06:49 AM   #26
cecILL

Pulled lots of bullets. Cases,with primers, spent or live, tossed in same batch for cleaning.

Never, ever paid attention when loading, spent or live. Still trying to get a detonation.
Old August 10, 2018, 11:13 AM   #27
Sevens

I can deal with the loss or "expense" of a primer that didn't make it in to ammunition but what I cannot accept is throwing explosive little buttons in to the trash that have the potential of starting a fire inside a garbage truck. So no, I don't throw them in the trash and I haven't done that even once since I started in 1988.
Old August 10, 2018, 04:31 PM   #28
Metal god

Quote:
I can deal with the loss or "expense" of a primer that didn't make it in to ammunition but what I cannot accept is throwing explosive little buttons in to the trash that have the potential of starting a fire inside a garbage truck. So no, I don't throw them in the trash and I haven't done that even once since I started in 1988.
I have a dedicated plastic jar( small ) that I throw all my live primers in and fill it with WD-40 to kill them .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .