The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 08:06 AM   #51
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddawg View Post
My hobby is gone exaggerate much? Search engines are your friends. I just put together a .308 tactical including optics all at close to pre covid prices. Also purchased new brass, 8 pounds of powder and 1 K of Barnes match Burners for it.

Oh and nothing was purchased from Midway, not because I am in a peeing contest , it was just available elsewhere at better prices.

Some of you guys really need to get a grip
You might actually quote me on the whole sentence rather than just doing a edit.
What the real sentence consisted of "The ammo shortage sucks. My Hobby which I love is gone. It is over for the most part, at least gone for the amount of quality time I use to spend on it.
To give you a idea, I was shooting at my Club or other memberships at least twice a week. Over 1,000 rds of just 9mm alone in a month. That does not include other calibers. So NO, I do not have the same quality in this sport any longer. I do not have the finacial ability to buy a 1,000 rds of 9mm, and 380 is extremely hard to even find much less afford. 357 and 38. hard to find. 22.cal is about the same price as 9mm. So you can call it a exaggeration if you like. I will just call it a sever shortage and I will live with it. It is reality. Again it is what it is.
Old May 9, 2021, 09:05 AM   #52
hounddawg

Sorry just getting tired of the my cheese is gone threads/posts. I see a lot of pistol powder being posted for sale again, primers supplies are lagging but this has been no different than other shortages
Old May 10, 2021, 10:58 AM   #53
Mike Irwin
Staff

OK, we're now broaching personal insults, and I doubt that it's going to get better, so time to shut this one down.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread