The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 16, 2007, 02:45 PM   #1
Dabelu

Winchester Model 100 (Again)

Well... my problem with this Rifle is the firing pin recall. I am spanish, so I can't send the rifle to USA for the change, I even don't know if my firing pin has been replaced or not. Can somebody help me please? my english is poor and I don't know how to contact with the Winchester factory or somebody who can help me. If somebody can help me, please anwer .
Old February 17, 2007, 05:48 PM   #2
johnbt

Hello. Look at the bottom of the linked page and read the part about twisting the firing pin to see if it turns (bad) or does not turn (good). Here's the link and I've copied part of the page. Hope this helps. John

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional...erl_88_100.htm

"Upon completion of the recall, the shops were to test fire the firearm and to stamp an assigned letter on the inside top of the receiver as seen thru the magazine well with the bolt retracted. The letter “B” represented Bolsa Gunsmithing, “L” was Lefever, and “N” was for Nu-line Guns. The letter “X” apparently was for all the other independent shops.

However this identification information did not get communicated to some of the smaller shops at the start of the project. The only way to tell if the gun as been modified, if the ”letter” is not present, is to take the barrel & action out of the stock, remove the trigger guard assembly and the try to rotate the firing pin by twisting it. If it does NOT rotate, then the firing pin recall HAS been performed." <<<===

Also from the linked page:

"MODEL 100 DISASSEMBLY: The proper disassembly of the model 100 is to first remove the magazine, then remove the forearm screw AND the trigger guard screw behind the trigger guard. Now pull the operating handle all the way to the rear. While holding it to the rear, pivot the barrel unit up out of the stock. The rear of the receiver is held in place by it fitting in a notch in the recoil block in the stock. The reason that the operating handle has to be rearward is to allow enough clearance for the side rods from the handle to the gas cylinder unit to clear the slot in the forearm section. Since these rods are hidden in the forearm with wood covering them except when the handle is pulled all the way back. "
Old February 18, 2007, 09:36 AM   #3
Dabelu

well... I don't understand at all, but I will try to translate it better. Somebody here speaks spanish? .

Thanks for the info, this will be very useful.
Old February 18, 2007, 10:10 AM   #4
johnbt

I posted a plea for a translation in General Discussion Forum with a link to this thread.

John
Old February 18, 2007, 11:21 AM   #5
Dabelu

Thank you very much ^^ .
Old February 18, 2007, 09:55 PM   #6
el Divino

Dabelu, en la pagina donde indica el recall (WINCHESTER MODEL 100 FIRING PIN RECALL - A notice dated 7-1990 relates the following) muestra una foto de como debe de ser la aguja (anexo foto del firing pin) correcta pero esto data desde 1991, anteriormente el firing pin era totalmente redondo los cambios en la aguja han hecho que esta sea mas fuerte y no tenga riesgo de romperse. Ojala y sirva esta breve traduccion de como deba de ser la aguja.

I did my best, I hope you understand and I'm open to help if have any doubts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firing pin after recall.jpg (68.9 KB, 52 views)
Old February 19, 2007, 09:20 AM   #7
johnbt

Thank you. John
Old February 20, 2007, 05:02 PM   #8
Dabelu

Gracias el divino... entendi todo ^^ . I understand all !! . Well... so the firing pin is that you posted?
I don't know how to dissasemble it yet... I tried to and I mess up one of my fingers whit the bolt . I still needing a traduction for the dissasemble.
Old February 24, 2007, 07:38 PM   #9
el Divino

I was out of town let me look for it and will post the instruction figure for you
Old February 24, 2007, 08:03 PM   #10
el Divino

Dabelu

just e-mail you a exploded drawing for the model 100 semi-auto hope it helps,

please confirm if you recieve it,
favor confirmar de recibido atravez de esta via