The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 21, 2020, 03:41 AM   #1
veprdude

DPMS, Bushmaster, Tapco shutting down?

In the past several weeks I've seen lots of email ads from various vendors liquidating DPMS and especially Bushmaster stuff. Apparently Freedom Group is either shuttering these companies or at least no longer actively promoting them. Blame it on the Trump Slump... Any other news?
Old February 21, 2020, 11:33 AM   #2
FrankenMauser

Remington won't say anything about what's going on with those brands.
Until they do, it's nothing but rumors and hearsay.
Old February 21, 2020, 06:07 PM   #3
HiBC

I prefer not to worry about unfounded rumors. There are enough real problems,I don't have the energy for imaginary ones.

However,...I can't let "Blame it on the Trump slump" go unchallenged.

Based upon what?

Mods,I'm sure you will get unhappy with me if I give this the response it deserves.

IMO,its a low,sneaky way to put out some campaign propaganda. Its subtle enough to let it ride,but challenging it will be political uproar.Then I'm the bad guy.

Trump just held a rally in Colorado Springs where he clearly stated his support for the 2 A,

The numbers indicate the economy has employment and disposable income up across the counry, so I want to know what the basis for "The Trump Slump" comment was,other than an unfounded political cheap shot.

I don't consider an absence of the fear and panic buying ,hoarding and shortages of the previous admin to be a slump.

Nothing in the "Freedom Group",including Remington,is doing real well.

Some folks can cross thread an anvil. Corporate mismanagement happens.

Why blame it on Trump?

There are folks who drive a Subaru from San Fran to Austin and petition to shut down the BBQ joints for the smoke.
Texans ,be Vigilant.

Last edited by HiBC; February 21, 2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old February 21, 2020, 06:45 PM   #4
rickyrick

I think the OP was referring to the idea that fewer guns are sold when republicans are in office because people are confident that the rights afforded by the 2nd amendment are safe with a republican president. When there’s fear of possible bans, sales tend to skyrocket
Old February 21, 2020, 08:49 PM   #5
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Awhile back there was an on-line article (possibly linked from this site, because otherwise I don't know how I would have found it) detailing the financial wizardry that put Remington in a serious monetary situation. I'm not an economist or an accountant so, although I sort of understood it when I read it, I certainly don't remember enough to be able to summarize it here. The bottom line, though, was that Remington is now carrying a huge debt load that had nothing to do with Remington, as a result of a financial shell game by the holding company.
Jeepaholic