The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 21, 2012, 06:26 PM   #1
tchunter

howa axiom question

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody has any experience with this gun. I would be using it for varmint hunting and ocasional hog hunts. I also wondered how costly .243 is to shoot. My second option is to go to DPMS panther in .223. Any info would help.
Old February 22, 2012, 01:43 AM   #2
NESHOOTER

I have some of those Blackhawk Axioms on the best kicker of them being a 7mm mag and it is the V/S version alumium billeted forearm stock and with the recoil amounts to about the same as a AR getting fired of course I have a suppressor but when I put on the muzzlebrake on it is about the same. So I RATE THEM A+ and if they offered them in more models other than Howa or Remington, Weatherby I WOULD ALSO HAVE THEM ON THOSE.
Old February 26, 2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Cowboy_mo

If you Walmart sells ammo

The .243 is cheap and readily available. Around here, it usually runs $15-16 per box of 20.

You can also find Prvi partisan ammo in .243 at many of the gun supply sites for less but with the shipping comes out to about the same in quantities of less than 500 rounds. I have shot the Prvi ammo in my .243 and think it is every bit as good as the Federal ammo I purchase from Walmart.

If you ever decide to reload, the Prvi brass is great!