The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 4, 2009, 04:46 PM   #26
Stevie-Ray

I usually leave my firearm in it's holster at 3:00. On long trips, I prefer to go cross-draw. It has to quite long to put it in the console. Cross-draw seems quickest for me.
Old January 4, 2009, 05:12 PM   #27
onthejon55

i would say being able to get to the gun as fast as possible is the most important factor. If some one is car jacking you i would much rather draw on them and have them see the gun before they enter the vehicle. If you wait or cant get to the gun until they are in the vehicle thats goin to result in a very messy struggle for your gun
Old January 13, 2009, 03:58 AM   #28
evan1293

http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=MOV03794.flv

Train for shooting from a vehicle? Yes.

I'd rather hit the gas and get out of the threat area if possible. If not, then its important to be able to shoot from a seated position.
Old January 22, 2009, 06:40 PM   #29
Larry Spencer

Always two.
Glock19 or Glock36 in console.
S&W 642 in Nemesis in pants or coat.

Old January 22, 2009, 10:39 PM   #30
Chuckusaret

I have a Uncle Mike's holster that hooks to the lap portion of the drivers seat belt. The gun can be fired thru the door without taking the pistol out of the holster by just lifting up after griping the weapon. We tested this at our local junk yard last year from three different type cars with a 9MM and a .40 cal using Federal Hydra Shoks. We would have continued our testing but the friendly LE types said we had done enough testing for one day. Well maybe they used a little harsher wording then that. Bottom line:::The BG would have had a higher pitched voice after attempting to car jack one of us.
Old January 22, 2009, 11:22 PM   #31
FM12

Also, keep in mind you won't have time to put on ear/hearing protection. If you do shoot, it will give you a bad case of ear-ringing! Multiple shots will make it worse, of course, and might even disorient you. This will be REALLY traumatic for any passengers, esp small children, etc., not only from the noise but the use of deadly force and any resultant injuries/deaths they might witness. Exiting the kill zone has a lot going for it!